PDA

View Full Version : AMCS ride

hagedorn45
04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
Thinking about starting up a yearly ride to benefit the American Cancer Society. General location would be southeast michigan. If it gains popularity, I would like to change it up and ride a different route each year. All makes and models would be welcome. For the first year I was thinking about riding hines drive to northville and back. Any ideas would be appreciated. Also if you'd be interested please let me know. A portion of the proceeds would go towards a 3 part cash prize raffle.

Please give me your opinions!!!!

Bob
04-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a good thing to do for sure.

wango
04-20-2010, 12:05 AM
I'm in, what is the date?

telecast
04-20-2010, 07:25 AM
For the first year I was thinking about riding hines drive to northville and back. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You're going to need a better route to get a lot of interest. Running Hines drive in both directions isn't much of a ride. Get some input from people in different areas and have them help you do a nice loop, say 100 miles or so.

Mudpuppy
04-20-2010, 09:28 AM
West Side Loop is always good - just head West down North Territorial from US 23 and North Territorial and you have hundreds of miles of prime road to ride and there is 2 metro parks you could possibly end or start at.. Hudson Mills and Half Moon Beach.. And of course Hell is in there as well for a stopping or starting location.. those are by far the best roads in the tri-state area..