PDA

View Full Version : Vermontville Noob

wango
04-15-2010, 11:13 PM
Hello,

New here, really glad to find a Michigan site.

We live in Vermontville, about a half hour west of Lansing.

My whole family rides, my youngest is 15 so he still rides with me, but soon he'll be on his own bike. Then mine gets lowered and a solo seat FINALLY.

I ride a '97 Fatboy, Vance and Hines Longshots, stage 2 with cam.

My wife rides a '98 Honda Shadow 750 ACE, its all stock right now. She just got it a couple weeks ago, her beginner bike was a 2000 Suzuki Savage with a custom lighthouse theme paintjob, and is now for sale. She doesn't want a lot of mods done to her ACE, but she does want me to lower it a little bit and "it needs to be freaking louder, it sounds girly" (her words). She may trade up to a Heritage Softail someday, but right now she is really digging her ACE. She says she is going to swipe my Fatboy and ride it to work one day, I wouldn't care. There is something really sexy about a girl who can ride, IMO.

My oldest son is an Iraq war veteran, he rides an 800 Suzuki Marauder, just got engaged, just bought his first house.

Middle son is 17 and rides a '94 Shadow VLX 600, we plan to bob it and lower it, paint it, etc.

My youngest is 15 and we're working on his first bike, an '84 Honda Shadow VT500, here is the thread
http://www.2wheelmichigan.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13567#post13567

My boys have been riding quads pretty much since they started walking, dirtbikes here and there when they got a little older. They all are good riders, they have alot of respect for the machines.

I can't get my pics to open. The only pics I have are pretty crappy, but I know important pics are, so here are a couple. I'll put up better ones later on.

Well I hope this wasn't too long, maybe I'll catch you on the road someday, Ride safe, wango

Mudpuppy
04-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Welcome to the site.. we did a ride to Vermontville a couple of years ago.. if i could find the pics i would post them up.. we have a picture of all of us on the tank..

Gas Man
04-15-2010, 11:32 PM
Awesome. Welcome. That is a great to see a 2 wheeled petro fueled family.

telecast
04-16-2010, 07:30 AM
Nice intro, welcome.

It's cool to see more people joining up from other parts of the state. Maybe some day we can do a state-wide rally type event.

Mad Dog
04-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Welcome. You didn't mention the grandparents or any other family.J/K Great intro.

Bob
04-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Welcome to the site!

junkyardjon
04-16-2010, 06:21 PM
welcome aboard

zamochit
04-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Welcome to 2Wheel!

kevlar
04-25-2010, 05:48 PM
welcome its good to have more and more riders join so a big welcome to you