PDA

View Full Version : Any bike nights Downriver?

Bob
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
Anyone know of any that will be a weekly thing Downriver?

telecast
04-13-2010, 08:55 PM
Here's a site, lots of downriver stuff. I've had a few people tell me the one on Tuesdays at 'The Grind' is decent.

http://www.wejustwannaride.com/events.htm

Bob
04-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Here's a site, lots of downriver stuff. I've had a few people tell me the one on Tuesdays at 'The Grind' is decent.

http://www.wejustwannaride.com/events.htm

Thanks man!

The grind one used to be huge but I have not seen a huge turn out there in a couple of years. I'll keep my eyes peeled though.

Rack N Roll is supposed to be a good turnout but I've never gone. I'm not sure if they are doing it this year or not but I work with a guy whos band plays there sometimes so I'll try and ask him tomorrow.

Gas Man
04-13-2010, 11:38 PM
GTC Taylor is suppose to be doing bike nights on Sat. They started it late last season.

Also this site
http://www.lets-ride.com/event/michigan.htm

Bob
05-16-2010, 09:43 AM
Any idea if GTC in Taylor is doing it this year? I could not find anything on their site.

Gas Man
05-16-2010, 03:04 PM
IDK... like you... I see nuttin. I did get the email that MTC is doin their Friday bike night and Sat sportbike night.

Bob
05-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Yeah I saw the Mount Clemens ones too. We should work on a big bike night Downriver. I know The Ground Round on Allen in Woodhaven has one but I hate that place. LOL I'd go if there was a lot of bikes but not for the food.

RedneckMedic
05-16-2010, 06:35 PM
Doesn't hooters in taylor do one

Gas Man
05-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Yes Hooters does one... but its never taken off. Not sure why... it has all the right elements.

wango
05-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Hooters in Lansing has a good one, tuesdays. Not sure if that is too far down the river or not. Or is it upriver? I really couldn't say for sure.

RedneckMedic
05-16-2010, 11:02 PM
anyone want to meet up at the grind tuesday

Bob
05-17-2010, 08:08 AM
What time will you be at The Grind?

RedneckMedic
05-17-2010, 10:17 AM
im thinking i might head up there between 630-7

Bob
05-17-2010, 08:51 PM
I won't be able to go tomorrow. I'll be home with my daughter.

RedneckMedic
05-17-2010, 09:02 PM
ya the weather looks like shit so i will be working on my springer seat

Bob
05-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Supposed to be crappy weather tomorrow as well?

RedneckMedic
05-17-2010, 09:06 PM
thats what weather.com just said

Bob
05-17-2010, 09:09 PM
That sucks. LOL I have Friday off and am hoping to maybe get out Friday for a few but I took the day off to get junk done around the house so we'll see how that goes.

RedneckMedic
05-17-2010, 09:15 PM
ya im off on friday as well

Gas Man
05-18-2010, 01:55 AM
Tuesday suppose to be crap

Nice Wed/Thur

Crap Fri/Sat

Figures!

Bob
05-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I talked to someone at The Grind today and they said they are going to try and get it started for next week since today was so crappy.

Bob
05-18-2010, 09:05 PM
I guess some bikes did show up tonight.

RedneckMedic
05-18-2010, 09:13 PM
As long as the weather cooporates I will be there next week and probably head down jefferson after down dixie highway

Gas Man
05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Anybody heading to the grind tonight???

I was thinking about it... go down for some coffee

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I'm not one for coffee, but I'm thinking I may head down for the hell of it. Just need to look at a map and try to find a route that won't make me want to kick babies.

...found one. Probably be down around 7-ish depending on traffic and what-not.

Gas Man
05-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I'll be there around 730-745....

Hopefully cya there

Gas Man
05-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Good to meet ya RZ. Watch out for the boogies...

RoadZombie
05-25-2010, 11:49 PM
LMAO...that guy was a trip. Is he a "regular" down there? ...or maybe irregular. I was thinking on the ride home, he kinda reminds me of Grandpa Simpson. Starts off telling one story, and ends with another...with about 15 detours along the way.

Word of advice, Hines Drive isn't a wise choice after dark without a windshild. My face probably has more dead bugs stuck to it than the bumper of my truck.

Gas Man
05-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Oh I know the bugs got way way worse after dark.

RoadZombie
05-26-2010, 01:33 AM
Just thought of something else...6 years in the construction field and 4 years living in the Brighton/Howell area...I've heard a LOT of different "phrases", "Boogies" is definitely a new one. LoL

RedneckMedic
05-26-2010, 01:33 AM
just came from woodhaven and ya the bugs were a splattin' on my face a few juicy ones that almost made me think it was raining. wanted to head down there tonight but ended up having to help out my cousin so i was pretty bummed but im planning on being on the bike all day tmr and want to put some good miles in. All this talk about the roads around hell makes think ill end up that way or maybe up in the thumb father who knows where the shadow will take me.

RoadZombie
05-26-2010, 01:37 AM
I HIGHLY reccomend the area out near Hell. Haven't really been up in the Thumb at all yet, but from experience...the westside will be hard to beat. But, like I said...haven't been up in the thumb, so I could just be biased. ;-)

RedneckMedic
05-26-2010, 01:42 AM
well i guess ill have to find out then too bad my lady friend has my camera or i could do a gasman ride report maybe the cell will work.

anybody have any suggestions on roads up there ive never even been that way so i was just looking on the map and was thinking 53 north til i hit blue on the map and then come back down the west side of the thumb

Gas Man
05-26-2010, 08:45 AM
WOW, the ride reports are named after me.... cool!

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 11:22 AM
I HIGHLY reccomend the area out near Hell. Haven't really been up in the Thumb at all yet, but from experience...the westside will be hard to beat. But, like I said...haven't been up in the thumb, so I could just be biased. ;-)

Thumb has some good roads and not a lot of traffic..

But Pinckney Recreation Area is the best roads in the tri-state area for sure..

If you Google Map "Gregory, MI" that is the heart of the West Side Loop.. All the best roads are West of there.. You can take North Territorial to Hadley to get there or take M36 to get there.. Either way.. Or you can take M36 to Dexter-Pinckney to Darwin West through Hell and then up to Gregory. Lots of good roads out there. Every time I go out there I find more good roads. I am actually working on a video from my Saturday ride from that area so you get an idea.

NinjaGirl
05-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Where's the Boomer's video??? I'm dying to see when I allegedly went in the oncoming lane!!! ;)

NinjaGirl
05-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Nevermind!! I just read the Stinger's thread.

Mudpuppy
05-26-2010, 02:02 PM
Where's the Boomer's video??? I'm dying to see when I allegedly went in the oncoming lane!!! ;)

it's not alleged it is fact and on the video near the end :D

its a longer video so its taking awhile to process.. just waiting for it to go live.. i think it came out quite good..

NinjaGirl
05-26-2010, 03:11 PM
it's not alleged it is fact and on the video near the end :D

its a longer video so its taking awhile to process.. just waiting for it to go live.. i think it came out quite good..

I'm not gonna believe until I see it!!! ;)

horrorbusiness
05-26-2010, 04:40 PM
Rugby I would skip M53 it's the main drag and very busy. M-19 is busy but a lil more rustick of a ride, but a lot gumballs on that route. In the thumb trips I have always had good luck with staying on direction without having to hit alot of the roads people in cars use and haul ass on. 81 east outside of Reese was a nice ride late summer, the corn grows right to the roadside. I have always enjoyed the thumb and spent summers on my great uncles farm in Sandusky. Last summer took 15 north to 25 around back to 46 west out of Port Sanilac. There is a drive in on 46 that I keep meaning to hit before it goes dark.

RedneckMedic
05-27-2010, 12:38 AM
decided not to try for the thumb today. i took 94 out to michigan ave in ypsi then stayed on that all the way til 127 then up to jackson (was hoping i would see mr. kilpatrick getting jumped in the yard as i passed the prison but no such luck haha). Took bunkerhill to plum orchard and just before territorial i stopped for gas because this tiny as 2.6 gallon tank goes dry about every 160 miles or so. then took territorial and popped onto north territorial which even though was torn up for a stretch the fresh black top after made up for it. From there it was a left onto dexter pinkney heading north until i hit the detour which still sent me on nice roads until i hit darwin. took darwin through hell and gregory until i came back to 106 and took that south until i met up with territorial again (that loop through n. territorial around through hell and back was awesome don't think i saw more than 5 cars that whole stretch). from there it was territorial through chelsea to 94 and then on to my girlfriends house in woodhaven so i could hop in her pool to escape the heat. In all it was a pretty uneventful day but thats the way i like rides to be. Ended up getting about 250 miles in round trip and a sunburn near my shoulders where i didn't put sunscreen because i thought my sleeves would cover but the wind changed that.

So i think my plan from now on is to do a decent ride every wednesday because i didnt run into any traffic until about 5:00 on telegraph on the way home so if anyone ever wants to join in my o so exciting adventures let me know.

...and just to keep this thread on subject i will for sure be going to the bike night at the grind on tues.

Dirty
07-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Not sure if you would consider it 'downriver' or not, but just came across this flyer for a new bike night at Bailey's in Canton on Wednesday nights. Tomorrow will be the second one, it's being organized by Dick Scott's Classic Motorcycles on Mich. Ave.

Bob
07-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks Dirty!

Mudpuppy
07-13-2010, 02:22 PM
No Canton is not downriver but close enough I reckon. I live in Canton and never heard of Bailey's. Might have to check this out.

Gas Man
07-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Sounds like a nice middle meeting ground. the dick scott guys are real nice and have a passion for it or at least a passion for the money it can generate which means they will pay out to establish themselves.

Dirty
07-14-2010, 09:43 AM
At this point I am planning on hitting Baileys tonight to see whats happening. It's only the second week so maybe I'll luck out and be the only one to show up and win the $200 dollar certificate :cool:

Gas Man
07-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Let us know...

Mudpuppy
07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
At this point I am planning on hitting Baileys tonight to see whats happening. It's only the second week so maybe I'll luck out and be the only one to show up and win the $200 dollar certificate :cool:

I am not sure what is going on just yet - trying to secure my saturday ride plans - i.e. get a kitchen pass for saturday - before I encroach going there tonight.. but i definitely want to make it up there..

Dirty
07-14-2010, 06:45 PM
I will be there around 7:00...plan on sticking around for an hour or so

telecast
07-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Did you go?

Dirty
07-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Well, they are definitely still in the early stages of getting that Canton bike night started. Only about 25 bikes this week (about 10 more than last week). 3 Big Dogs, 4 Indians, 2 Vics and the rest all Harleys...

Not much going on yet but working on getting permits for a beer tent. As it gets bigger they hope to have allot more going on.

Nice area and I could see this one becoming a pretty big event if they can get the permits they need from the city. They said something about not being allowed to have food outside because the outside area is where people are allowed to smoke and there is no food allowed in smoking areas or something...stupid laws

telecast
07-15-2010, 08:52 AM
4 Indians? Dick Scott must be loaning them out for bike night!

Dirty
07-15-2010, 09:07 AM
One of them was ridden by one of the DS guys, the others were customers of theirs. Same with the Big Dogs, they rode one up and the rest were customers. Motorcity Harley had something going on inside of Baileys but I never went inside to check it out.

Mudpuppy
07-15-2010, 11:43 AM
i ended up doing bs around the house last night.. its definitely close to me so keep me posted if you go up there and what's happening..

dustydog
06-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Anyone know of any that will be a weekly thing Downriver?
new bike night at cheeks in trenton on tuesday 7th of june ist annual. 200 bikes expected
.1$ coneys 1$ brews starts at 6:00 pm. spread the word. every tuesday.

dustydog
06-02-2011, 12:42 PM
New bike night at cheeks bar n grill on tuesdays starting jun 7th. expected 150+ bikes
located in trenton on vanhorn rd. across from chrysler plant. $1 coneys 1$beers
WE WANT TO MAKE A DOWNRIVER HOT SPOT FOR ALL BIKERS STARTS AT 6:00PM. EVERY TUESDAY COME LIL EARLY TO GET A SPOT.

telecast
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Sniff...I smell spam.

Here's what's funny: The OP no longer has a bike!

So, is it 150 bikes or 200 bikes? I'll need to know whether to get there at 7 or 7:30......

Gas Man
06-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Kinda of spammy but that bar is like 3 mins from my house... my brother really likes that bar... may have to check it out.