PDA

View Full Version : Western Oakland/Eastern Livingston Co fun!

RoadZombie
04-10-2010, 06:43 PM
I was going to go for the GasMan ride blog idea today, but my genious ass forgot I packed my camera until I pulled back into my driveway...DERP!

Anyhow, I met up with NinjaGirl and we rode down Beck to 7 Mile where we met up with Meinshaft. We set off, westbound. I would tell you the route, but honestly...I'm not sure what it was. I'm only somewhat familiar with the area, but if I'm "following the leader", I'm not paying too close of attention as to what street we're on. In the end, we ended up at the now famous (or perhaps infamous) Iverness Inn for a couple pops and some grub before heading back. All in all you couldn't have asked for a better day...well, there could have been a bit less wind...but other than that it was gorgeous. I did have to chuckle at being the "odd one out" on the Harley.

Oh...and don't buy into NinjaGirl's "I'm just a newbie" routine...the girl can ride! ;-) Honestly, I've never rode with a Ninja 250 before so I really wasn't sure what to expect...I must say that I was impressed. At one point we were doing 65-70MPH and I checked my mirror half expecting to see this little dot of light way back in the distance...I didn't see shit. She was right at my back tire. LoL Tell the guy ya work with that was ragging on your bike that a "Harley Guy" says, "Suck it!".

Anyhow, I had a great time and met a couple more great people. Couldn't ask for a better Saturday in April! Thanks to Meinshaft for leading the way, and thank you both for the awesome company! I'm looking forward to the next time!

telecast
04-10-2010, 07:16 PM
The Inverness is in northern Washtenaw County.

RoadZombie
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah...kinda thought about that afterwards. Doh! It's over that-a-way *points west*.

Bob
04-10-2010, 08:54 PM
Yeah those 250's are very nimble bikes. Very fun to toss around the turns for sure. I had mine up to about 95-99 before. That's about topped out for a 250.

RoadZombie
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM
I've only been on a 250-anything once...for the MSF course. So not a whole lot of familiarity there. I did have a 74 CB450 that my dad and I rebuilt...70 was about max for that bike...after 2 years of "getting there". Only real reference I had on anything even close to that displacement. Hell, the 750 Ninja in the driveway is the smallest displacement bike I've ever owned...the fastest, but the smallest. LoL

Gas Man
04-10-2010, 10:56 PM
I was out in Westland today on the nightster. Saw a 250 on Ford rd and thought of ninja girl. Wen to look at a used ultra with a buddy.

Then back home to do a service routine on a chopper... Only got about 75 miles in... and only had a top speed of 100mph... wish I could have done more of both.

telecast
04-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Made the run yesterday. Rode up to Fishman's place in New Hudson and met up with him. We took Pontiac Trail to North Territorial and straight out to the Inverness for a beer and burger. Rode back through Dexter where we picked up Huron River Drive. Stayed on it all the way back to AA where we split, he headed north and me south.

Don't know if any of you have ever ridden that stretch of HRD. It is really a nice ride, but slow. Speed limit is 35 due to all the turns and twists. There are curves, hills, curves with hills. Some of the road is in rough shape and some is brand new. Very scenic, plenty of hills, woods, ponds, etc. Most of it runs right along the Huron River. Not too much traffic yesterday, mostly bicyles and runners.

Bike is going to the dealer today for it's 10k checkup. I'm hoping they'll get it done by Saturday.

Here's my last experience with a 250. I think mine was a '64, I had it when I was 13-15.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/45/135198508_7d7c01ea6e.jpg

NinjaGirl
04-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Oh...and don't buy into NinjaGirl's "I'm just a newbie" routine...the girl can ride! ;-) Honestly, I've never rode with a Ninja 250 before so I really wasn't sure what to expect...I must say that I was impressed. At one point we were doing 65-70MPH and I checked my mirror half expecting to see this little dot of light way back in the distance...I didn't see shit. She was right at my back tire. LoL Tell the guy ya work with that was ragging on your bike that a "Harley Guy" says, "Suck it!".

I'm going out to the garage to tell him to SUCK IT right now!!! And thank you so much!! I had a blast with you this weekend. And THANK YOU for being patient with me and teaching me the ways and giving me confidence. And it was a wonderful ride. Meinshaft was an excellent leader.

Mudpuppy
04-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Sounds like a great ride.. ride far enough west and you will find the amazon of michigan.. its quite interesting..