PDA

View Full Version : Saw an eagle

telecast
04-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Out on one my jobs. Beautiful. At first I thought it was a turkey buzzard, but as it got closer the head and tail were unmistakable. That's the first time I've seen one this far south. I've seen a few nests, there's one at Willow Metropark in the wetlands area. It's the closest I've ever been to one in the wild, it got very close as it soared in tight circles looking for food.

zamochit
04-07-2010, 11:13 PM
Eagles are cool. I used to see them all the time snowmobiling in Mio. I was really surprised on how many eagles I would see in Florida. I lived in Sarasota and they would fly right downtown and hang in the trees.

Mudpuppy
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
...fly like an eagle to the sea...

Bob
04-08-2010, 11:52 AM
We got really close to one in the UP last year. Was neat. Freaking thing had a big fish in its mouth too.

telecast
04-08-2010, 12:49 PM
It's amazing how wildlife is coming back. When I was a kid you never even saw a deer unless you went WAY out and looked for them. Geese? Forget it. Wild turkey, never. No coyotes, no turkey buzzards, and certainly no eagles.

NinjaGirl
04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
My parents live in the UP and it's like wild kingdom up there. It's awesome.

vortech302
04-08-2010, 01:19 PM
I've actually seen one in Gibraltar the past couple summers, Vreeland and Jefferson area

horrorbusiness
04-08-2010, 01:25 PM
My dad has ten acres on the Ocqueoc river. There used to be an eagle we'd see all the time. I have not seen it in a while, same thing with an otter I would see all the time. The otter scared me the first time I was swimming, and it swam by me.

Mudpuppy
04-08-2010, 03:18 PM
I hear from the Indians in Canada that Swan jerky is delicious..

NinjaGirl
04-08-2010, 03:59 PM
You aren't serious about swan jerky are you?

RoadZombie
04-08-2010, 04:52 PM
My dad has ten acres on the Ocqueoc river. There used to be an eagle we'd see all the time. I have not seen it in a while, same thing with an otter I would see all the time. The otter scared me the first time I was swimming, and it swam by me.

LoL Reminds me of the first time I seen a beaver do a tail slap on the water. Scared the crap out of me!

I've seen a few eagles around me across the street at Proud Lake...and a ton up at my mom's place mid-state. The thing that I found REALLY cool was my ex's family had a place in Perry Sound, Ontario. You could sit out on the screened-in porch at night and listen to the wolves howl in the distance and watch the Northern Lights. I miss that...her, no so much :p

horrorbusiness
04-08-2010, 05:24 PM
Lots of beavers by my dads place also. The otters are not bashfull, he was close enough to touch, and I did not hear/see him coming.

RoadZombie
04-08-2010, 11:31 PM
I actually had my back to the water talking to one of my mom's neighbors so I didn't even realize there was a beaver in the water. I was so startled I dropped my beer. LoL Damn varmint!

NinjaGirl
04-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Beavers shouldn't get in the way of beers. ;)

Mudpuppy
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
You aren't serious about swan jerky are you?

i guess you would have to hit the rez and find out..

RoadZombie
04-09-2010, 12:32 AM
Beavers shouldn't get in the way of beers. ;)

LoL I tend to agree. Gotta keep 'em seperated!