PDA

View Full Version : Motor Decision

zamochit
03-31-2010, 07:46 PM
Guys, help me out. I have two motors to put in my bike. I have the original black with polished fins EVO with 5000 miles. It's ready to be thrown in and ride. The other is a bad ass 93" shovel, but possibly needs a top end build or more. Both motors would look sweet in my bike, but the Shovel has a title! I have to sell one. Selling the EVO would have to go toward the shovel build. Selling the shovel would complete my bike, but I'd also have to fight with getting an assembled title. Help?

horrorbusiness
03-31-2010, 08:17 PM
I have not checked on an insurance quote for a bike with an assembled title, but I have heard it's crazy expensive. I don't think I would buy a bike with an assembled title unless I was going to use it for parts.

zamochit
03-31-2010, 09:19 PM
Insurance for sure is a worry of mine.

alhall88
04-01-2010, 02:56 AM
If I remember correct isn't the only way a shovel or any other harley motor have to be a pre 1970 motor in order for the title to be able to go with the motor? The frames did not have a vin number prior to that which is why the title went with the motor. If your frame has a vin on it and a MSO I'm not sure this would throw up any flags or not. Don't get me wrong though I would rather see a shovel any day over an evo but you may have some complications.

zamochit
04-01-2010, 05:07 PM
My frame has an MSO, but the motor is a long story. basically, the original 60's shovel motor had cracked cases, so the original owner took the old cases and the new one down to be inspected and the new cases were titled. So I have a 93" with Delkron cases titled.