PDA

View Full Version : I had forgotten how much fun and expense bikes were

snofrog
03-28-2010, 10:42 PM
well after sitting out most of last year due to a minivan I got a new used bike this spring . I got a decent price on it and am happy . I forgot just how many mods I had on my last bike as I am deciding witch will stay and go . so far a carbon fiber scorpion slipon and a puig tall smoke windscreen . my new helmet should be here next saturday an hjc is 16 . I still need to add a power outlet for the gps and perhaps a set of driving lamps witch I had purchased for my last bike but didnt have the chance to install . the bike did come with high and low screens but they are clear so once the smoke gets here those will hit ebay . it came with a gel seat and stock seat . the stocker I think will win out so I will deff throw that on ebay once I get a real comparison . I still need a tankbag and new helmet speakers then I will be done lol . that is until I get to ride it . I love bikes and am so happy to be back into it . mental note; get the rest of the old bike ebayed for fundage on future mods lol
please tell me I`m not the only one here with this problem :track:

Gas Man
03-29-2010, 08:21 AM
pics or it don't exsist

Mudpuppy
03-29-2010, 09:44 AM
its a good problem to have - too many mods not enough time..

telecast
03-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Me when I bought the bike:

"I'm perfectly happy with it, don't need to change anything."

2 weeks later:

"I'd like to add this, and that, and this."

Added them this spring.

"Ok, now I'm good. Except I'd like to have this and that and some other things."

Total cost for those will be a good $1k.

It never ends.

snofrog
03-29-2010, 06:43 PM
pics or it don't exsist
I havent had the chance to install anything yet but the wife is questioning the growing pile of boxes sitting around it lol . Mod pics soon ;)

Gas Man
03-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Get to it... I'm a poor sport about waiting.

Bob
03-29-2010, 07:47 PM
Good deal man. We'll have to do a ride out by you this year.

snofrog
03-29-2010, 08:18 PM
Good deal man. We'll have to do a ride out by you this year.
just let me know . there are quite a few great bike roads around :cool:

Mudpuppy
03-30-2010, 12:19 AM
just tell her "oh those old boxes"..

snofrog
04-12-2010, 10:28 PM
better late than never lol . I still need to get it out for some glam shots :D

SportstersPaul
04-12-2010, 11:33 PM
The bikes just seem to continually evolve, from complete makeovers to small accessory add-ons. Thats why the "aftermarket" totals millions.

'

sevenplusone
04-17-2010, 11:57 PM
I've always defended motorcycle ownership as cheap transportation to the persons who don't get it.

That said...it's a more expensive hobby than I let on.