PDA

View Full Version : Edward Hines Drive

Gas Man
03-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Edward Hines Drive (http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/mi_ehd.html)

One of the premier roads relaxing motorcycle roads named after Edward N. Hines (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_N._Hines). Its one of the very few in this area...

Its a nice ride... You can start from either end but it runs from
Northville to Dearborn.

If you start from Northville, it starts here at the Northville Downs (http://www.northvilledowns.com/)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/2010%20Blog/SU1HMDAxNzAuanBn-1.jpg

And ends up on Ford Rd just down the street from Ford Motor Co. world headquaters
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/2010%20Blog/SU1HMDAxNzIuanBn.jpg

And World Headquaters II
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/2010%20Blog/SU1HMDAxNzEuanBn.jpg

Did just a little over a 100 miles I did today. It was good to get back out again.

I'm going to make it a point to "blog" some of my day trips. So I also went ahead and put my garage camera in the bike so its not going to be all blackberry pics like these were.

Trainguy
03-19-2010, 11:29 PM
I agree on that stretch of road:cool:

RedneckMedic
03-20-2010, 12:50 AM
sounds like a good idea gas on "blogging" your trips. also agree on that road especially during the day or later at night(especially) at night when you don't have to fight other cars. i did the whole stretch one night staring around 1230 and maybe saw one other vehicle on the road.

Gas Man
03-20-2010, 01:07 AM
Good idea... never road it at night.

RedneckMedic
03-20-2010, 01:31 AM
yep come summer thats when i do most of my riding i like hines, north dixie highway/west jefferson, and west jefferson in grosse point for my night rides when its warmer out for somthing local.

telecast
03-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Does the park (and road) still fill up with partiers? When I was a kid it was tough to get through it on a summer weekend. That was before they started closing the part by Nankin Mills. Back then it was far from relaxing, it was downright dangerous.

RoadZombie
03-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Nah, used to live over there. It's pretty well mellowed out...and has been for quite awhile. It's one of my usual routes as well...just drop down Beck Rd. to 7 mile and aaaaaa-way ya go!

My favorite section of that road is right at the beginning. I refer to it as the "tunnel of trees"...its not THE tunnel of trees, but still gorgeous. Especially during a fall color ride.

RoadZombie
03-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Another nice ride is out in my neck of the woods. Not quite as long as EN Hines drive, but definitely one of the local "ride favorites"...ALWAYS see bikes through there when I'm riding. If you get off 96 at Miford Rd. and just go north...I wanna say probably about 5 miles, you'll come to General Motors drive. Hang a left and follow it to the entrance of the GM Proving grounds (I want to say the cross street here is Hickory Ridge). Take a left there as well. You'll end up going 3/4 of the way around the Proving Grounds and ending up on Kensington Road headed south back to 96. It's definitely a nice, quick little ride. An alternative to that would be coming up Milford Road and instead of turning left down GM Drive, turn right and follow it through downtown. Just keep following Milford Rd north to Holly. Once you cross M59, its a REAL nice ride. Then you end up pretty much right in Historic downtown Holly which is a really quaint little town as well.

telecast
03-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Actually, Hickory Ridge from 96 north is a decent ride.

Mudpuppy
03-22-2010, 01:01 PM
i have rode Hines quite a few times..

metrogtiguy
05-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Hines is pretty great. I've lived at both ends of it at different points in my life, and now I work right by it. Hines is followin' me! :D

Gas Man
05-18-2010, 02:06 AM
Is this a bad thing?

NinjaGirl
06-01-2010, 11:28 AM
So I discovered Hines is great if you aren't driving like an a-hole through the twisties. I got a ticket on Friday. The good news is Aeryck captured the whole event on his GoPro. :D Video to follow soon!

RoadZombie
06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
LoL! Yes...obey the speed limit on Hines Drive! Thought that was common knowledge.

Mudpuppy
06-01-2010, 01:11 PM
That blows.. sorry to hear that.. yeah I keep it at or below speed limit in hines for sure.. wayne county has a whole revenue dept aka wayne county sheriff dedicated to that park..

aeryck
06-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I know, I'm slackin' on the video.. between the pre-memorial day drunkfest at my bro's lake house, work, and other stuff, I just haven't even had a chance to get the video edited.

MP, you do good with video editing, maybe I'll just give you the SD card and let you work your magic again... For the sake of not filling up the card prematurely, I shot this one in standard-def 4:3. Not sure if it's still stored as a .MP4 or an .AVI, but you should be able to work it.

RoadZombie
06-01-2010, 03:41 PM
That blows.. sorry to hear that.. yeah I keep it at or below speed limit in hines for sure.. wayne county has a whole revenue dept aka wayne county sheriff dedicated to that park..

For sure. Went through there a couple times last week on my way to Telegraph. The cops were out with a vengeance. I'm sure it didn't hurt it was the end of the month either.

Think I'm going to head west this evening though...trying for a 1000 mile week. ;-) Already up to 450 since Friday...mostly "on the grid" riding though. :-/ The most curves I hit were heading out to the Great Lakes National Cemetery in Holly yesterday. I need me some twisties!

Mudpuppy
06-01-2010, 04:47 PM
yeah no problem.. give me the card and i can work something up..

NinjaGirl
06-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I know, I'm slackin' on the video.. between the pre-memorial day drunkfest at my bro's lake house, work, and other stuff, I just haven't even had a chance to get the video edited.

MP, you do good with video editing, maybe I'll just give you the SD card and let you work your magic again... For the sake of not filling up the card prematurely, I shot this one in standard-def 4:3. Not sure if it's still stored as a .MP4 or an .AVI, but you should be able to work it.

My own video!!! Starring me!! I can't wait. Well wait...I suppose there's some of you in it too! :D

RoadZombie
06-01-2010, 06:52 PM
My own video!!! Starring me!! I can't wait. Well wait...I suppose there's some of you in it too! :D

...his foot. Haha!

Gas Man
06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Yeah got to watch speed. Hines drive is one of those places.

wango
06-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Hines looks like a nice ride, I'll have to take that next time I'm down there.

Did I tell ya all that you have a crap ton of traffic, holy crap, I think I whined about this once before, but holy crap you have a lot of traffic. A lot of boneheads too, I was on Telegraph and Gilbralter the other day and a cop turned right in front of me, yeah, a cop. The more I ride in your neck of the woods, the more I like living out in the woods. The wildlife here far outweighs the nightlife and its a long drive to the closest bike night, but holy crap you have a lot of traffic.

telecast
06-02-2010, 08:48 AM
I live by US23 south of AA, and even though the traffic here is more than you have, it's WAAAAAAY less than what they get. I took my bike to the dealer in Taylor, Telegraph Road at 5:00 on a Monday. I wasn't sure I'd get out of it alive, those people are nuts, and there's a whole shitload of them.

When I ride that direction I can usually get right up to Telegraph without much traffic, although it picks up some after I pass 275. Once I hit Telegraph it's like someone flipped a switch.

Mudpuppy
06-02-2010, 11:17 AM

i am just waiting for the funding for the project to be approved.. i.e. aeryck to bring me a beer and the SD card (i am a cheap dirty whore).. that and i am wondering what production company i will be working under.. i could always discuss with the management of MP Racing, Chaos Entertainment, AGATT, Motor City Mfrs and the new added Suicidal Chipmunk Productions (on upcoming video) to see if any or all of them would pick up this project merely for the sake of our edification and amusement.. I heard rumors that there is a start up company called Aeryck's Formerly Level 50 Human Rogue Productions but not sure if that company will take flight or not.. could be another hindenberg.. project funded by a steady diet of hopes and dreams..

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/01/0124_recessions/image/1937_hindenberg.jpg

ok so i said a whole lot of nothing for no reason other than to amuse myself..

RedneckMedic
06-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Suicidal Chipmunk Productions

that put a little smirk on my face

NinjaGirl
06-02-2010, 12:59 PM
i am just waiting for the funding for the project to be approved.. i.e. aeryck to bring me a beer and the SD card (i am a cheap dirty whore).. that and i am wondering what production company i will be working under.. i could always discuss with the management of MP Racing, Chaos Entertainment, AGATT, Motor City Mfrs and the new added Suicidal Chipmunk Productions (on upcoming video) to see if any or all of them would pick up this project merely for the sake of our edification and amusement.. I heard rumors that there is a start up company called Aeryck's Formerly Level 50 Human Rogue Productions but not sure if that company will take flight or not.. could be another hindenberg.. project funded by a steady diet of hopes and dreams..

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/08/01/0124_recessions/image/1937_hindenberg.jpg

ok so i said a whole lot of nothing for no reason other than to amuse myself..

You amused me. And I will provide the funding. I can even provide several beers.

Mudpuppy
06-02-2010, 02:12 PM
that put a little smirk on my face

wait until you see the video with the picture in it.. f'king hilarious.. actually caught the little f'ker on video as he crossed the street in front of me on territorial..

and yes will work for beer..

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/72679364_05719b2047.jpg?v=1134361710

RoadZombie
06-02-2010, 03:35 PM
.. could be another hindenberg.. project funded by a steady diet of hopes and dreams..

Sounds like our generator production line here at work. Very familiar

...and I was entertained as well. That's all that matters.

Mudpuppy
06-02-2010, 05:06 PM
i just wanted a reason to post the cool picture of a blimp on fire..

telecast
06-02-2010, 05:18 PM
i just wanted a reason to post the cool picture of a blimp on fire..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3415/3644402453_3492154556.jpg

Mudpuppy
06-02-2010, 09:16 PM
:D

too funny.. but i said a "cool" picture

telecast
06-02-2010, 11:44 PM
So, you're saying the picture is 'hot'?

Mudpuppy
06-03-2010, 11:11 AM
negative ghostrider the pattern is full as is the buffet line at old country buffet when she is there..

all this anticipation of the hines park video.. allegedly aeryck has some SD card and allegedly he is going to give it to me to make a movie..

NinjaGirl
06-03-2010, 01:24 PM
negative ghostrider the pattern is full as is the buffet line at old country buffet when she is there..

all this anticipation of the hines park video.. allegedly aeryck has some SD card and allegedly he is going to give it to me to make a movie..

He really does. I watched it. :) I think Aeryck and I are going to hell after work today. You coming with?

aeryck
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
He really does. I watched it. :) I think Aeryck and I are going to hell after work today. You coming with?

Word.. you can get the SD card too.

Mudpuppy
06-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Negative.. going out to dinner for my anniversary.. maybe next week..

Mudpuppy
06-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Word.. you can get the SD card too.

I can get the card tomorrow or something.. Actually I just finished the 4th video so I can wait a day or two before getting it (a little video edited out) and I am going out of town for the weekend so won't be doing any editing anyways until next week..

aeryck
06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Gimme a call when you get home from work and I'll drop it off... I leave for Deal's Gap saturday morning.

NinjaGirl
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Negative.. going out to dinner for my anniversary.. maybe next week..

Happy Anniversary! I think you should go to hell for you anniversary. ;)

Mudpuppy
06-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Ok I will be leaving here shortly but I have to take one of the kids to the school right quick..

Thanks and yes I should go to Hell on the bike for sure but she is too skered to ride 2up - not really skered just wants to do a will first.. that and I have reservations and a $100 gift card so i will be going there for sure..

we will hit Hell with a vengeance next week for sure..

Gas Man
06-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Gimme a call when you get home from work and I'll drop it off... I leave for Deal's Gap saturday morning.
I'm abotu 1.5hr from there in Georgia... we could have met up.