PDA

View Full Version : CNC lathe with live tooling and milling?

_DK_
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM
Anyone here do this sort of thing?

I need something turned and milled on the same machine, or if you can do it cheap enough I guess multiple setups are OK...

PM me for details

Mudpuppy
03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
I know several machining sources - send me the details via email and I will let you know who can do it. Also would be helpful to know where you are physically located - I know shops north, south, east, west...

Gas Man
03-18-2010, 10:43 PM
http://www.choppinsteel.com/

eric is his name. he can do about anything.

use to live in flint but heard he moved to Chicago. Guy made my chops sissy bar and pipes for me to my vision. He's awesome.

_DK_
03-19-2010, 11:07 AM
I'm East side, but price is whats going to be the deciding factor, sometimes people do stuff so cheap even shipping don't factor in, specially with USPS Flat rate... What I'm looking for begins its life as 2" roundstock, about 9" long, so Medium flat rate boxes would work...

I have it out to 2 sources right now to see what what I get back. If I don't hear anything in a few days I'll email you the drawings mudpuppy...

I work in a machine shop myself, but we don't have CNC lathes, just VMC's. I do the design for and programing, setup and running of those.

Mudpuppy
03-20-2010, 02:52 PM
i know all kinds of machine sources.. if you can't get it done just email the drawing to me at: mudpuppy@wideopensportbikes.net

i might even be able to get it done as a "government job" if you kwim..

chopsmitty
03-20-2010, 11:49 PM
We have three Okuma's and work for the right price...
Also have several CNC mills and other capabilities.
Located in Holland, Michigan.

Let me know if you need help!

-Greg
616 836-3911