PDA

View Full Version : Rant!

telecast
03-12-2010, 07:57 AM
What the hell is with people offering payment in cash to try and get a better deal? What the fuck do you think I'm going to do, finance you?

If you think offering payment is cash is going to get you a lower price, forget it. Those days are gone.

I'm not taking a personal check, cashier's check, certified check, money order, fresh eggs, a blow job, a trade for your aunt Hattie's 1935 knitting needle, and I can guarantee a land contract is completely out of the question.

Understand asshole, it's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust anybody when dealing on the internet.

If you want to make a reasonable offer, make one. Adding the word 'cash' does not make my eyes light up and drool to come out of my mouth, and I'm not going to faint from excitement. I fully expect you to pay in cash, and I did right from the time I posted the ad.

End Of Rant

_DK_
03-12-2010, 08:41 AM
You dont stake stolen credit cards or cashierschecks from Nigeria? :p

telecast
03-12-2010, 08:49 AM
No, but I once won the Zimbabwe national lottery....

Berto
03-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Well I was offered to split a Nigerian Royalty fortune... I passed...

It's a common term and many people use it. You expect cash... But I've sold things with Certfied Checks. Many people said that in tr last when it cost you a percentage to cash checks.

telecast
03-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Yeah, but we're talking about a $100 item in some cases.

Gas Man
03-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Got to love IDIOTS!

The funniest part is when they do that shit at a dealer. I've watched a couple people do that at the HD dealer. I almost laughed right at them. But didn't want to screw up the salespersons "potential" sale.

RoadZombie
03-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Almost as good a putting "NO TRADES" in your ad...you KNOW some dumb ass is going to try to trade you something anyways. People are f'ing morons.

Mad Dog
03-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I offer you pesos senoir.
I have Id too!
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r84/Valueteck/AlienLisc.jpg

Mudpuppy
03-13-2010, 12:44 AM
i just have one question - do you take cash?

sevenplusone
03-13-2010, 07:13 AM
I always let a seller know that I'm paying in cash. I do this because of all the ridiculous offers I get once face to face with somebody when I've been selling stuff. I also don't want to deal with cashiers checks or anything of the sort. I don't expect a better deal, but I just want to let the seller know I'm serious and I have money in hand.

telecast
03-13-2010, 07:50 AM
I just want to let the seller know I'm serious and I have money in hand.

That's fine, and as a seller you know it's appreciated. It's these clowns that think by telling me they have cash they're going to get a better deal. Cash is a given, it's a no-brainer, it is expected.

Gas Man
03-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Yeah like chop $3k off the asking price cause they'll pay cash. FUCKTARDS

RoadZombie
03-13-2010, 03:11 PM
"Uhm, I'm paying cash...does that mean a better deal?"

...well, I WAS expecting payment in the form of blowjobs, but I COULD use the cash more. I'll knock off $0.01 for you. Cash is assumed, it is not an "or best offer" situation. Fuckin' retards.

In God we trust, all others pay cash...or certified check, and even then you're waiting for that to clear before you take possesion.

vortech302
03-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Man, I was thinking the same thing when I was getting offers on my bike. The only thing I could come up with is cash in hand as opposed to getting financed. Of course, that was before I was able to keep my bike for a fraction of what I owed and avoid repossession through the help of someone on Craigslist.

snofrog
03-14-2010, 11:25 PM
, that was before I was able to keep my bike for a fraction of what I owed and avoid repossession through the help of someone on Craigslist.
:eek:

RoadZombie
03-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Man, I was thinking the same thing when I was getting offers on my bike. The only thing I could come up with is cash in hand as opposed to getting financed. Of course, that was before I was able to keep my bike for a fraction of what I owed and avoid repossession through the help of someone on Craigslist.

Please, for the love of god tell me this "help" didn't come from the "casual encounters" section. LoL

vortech302
03-15-2010, 09:45 PM
Please, for the love of god tell me this "help" didn't come from the "casual encounters" section. LoL

Hey, I got mine. But seriously, I got a couple emails/calls a week from people saying I didn't have to sell my possessions and I could avoid foreclosure, etc.