PDA

View Full Version : First Ride 2010: 1.5miles in and....

Gas Man
03-12-2010, 01:17 AM
I almost died!!!!

Went to merge on to 75N at Gib Rd

On the throttle to get in front of the 2 semi's running inline in Right lane. I merge into the right lane...

I'm in the throttle to pass the vechicles in the center

My front tire about even with the rear tire of the 2nd vechicle in the center lane..

You guess it!

no blinker no nuttin

The bitch comes over... I'm all over the brakes... abs kicks in and everything.

Here's what I was lookin at
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Riding/1STRIDE2010.jpg

I come up next to her and stare her down... she has no idea

Where I came from
What I was staring at her for
What she did
Nothing!

I throttle and leave it all in the mirrors... then I realize if she would have hit me or I went down... the semi would have ran me over DEAD!

What a way to start the season!!

Other than that I had a nice 50 mile ride including stoppin for a hair cut. It was good to be out!

telecast
03-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Glad you're ok.

I thought you weren't going to ride until the streets were washed down from a good rain?

RedneckMedic
03-12-2010, 08:52 AM
yep past couple days have been nice for riding but ive already had quite a few people cut me off. i headed out to jackson on wed and on the way back we took 94 and i didnt pay attention to the time and it ended up being around 4 and the second i got on the highway it was like a fucking zoo.

SCREAMING JESTER
03-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Glad you made it out of that one "Gas Man". I"ve been riding my bike to work since Monday on I-75 in the Troy area and I've had my share of close calls with drivers not paying attention and cutting me off I've had to use warp speed more then once to get myself out of some sticky situations. People seem to forget were back out there sharing the road with them now.

_DK_
03-12-2010, 10:14 AM
Reminds me of my 1st ride last year... I ride early... I had just gotten my new to me ratbike and was crusin down Schoenherr @ 5:30 am and I see this G6 infront of me doing 5 under or so, so I decide to pass it. I downshift and rev up was I go by to try and let them know I am there, then they decide to speed up & change lanes right into me, I was about 3 inches from kicking in her door, she finally notices me and her eyes get HUGE like OH FUCK, so I just drop back and an content to just stay behind them.

I end up behind them from 696-schoenherr to Utica, then down Utica past 18mile and we cut down the same side street to get to Vandyke and 19mile... We both turn left on 19... I bet this chick is freaking out by now, then I cut into my parking lot at work and they continue on... I didn't notice where they turned...

Fast forward 6 months, I meet this guy on the Migunowners website and he's having a birthday shoot at Double Action and invites whoever wants to show up. So I went and was the only one who showed... We hit it off and became pretty good bud's. Both like guns and bikes. His Fiance looked familiar and I couldnt place her... They drove a Red G6... So one day we are talking bikes and close calls and I mention my close call with a red G6 on the way to work but neither of us put 2 and 2 together... Later last fall we all went to the Ren-Fest together and it came up again, this time his now Wife was there and I brought the story up and I saw in the rearview mirror her eyes got huge!... And I'm like so it WAS you who almost killed me... turns out they work in the next industrial complex over. She said she was shaken up for days after almost hitting a rider on morning on her way to work as she rides as well...
Now she's got blindspot things on her mirrors.

What a small world... Sorry for the long story, but I think it's a good one!

Thruxtonbill
03-12-2010, 10:59 AM
You guys know that these fucking idiots are trying to kill us. This time of year is the worst, dumbasses just don't look. Head on a swivel gents, we have to.

Everyone ride safe. The last thing I want to hear about is one of you going down.

Glad you're ok Gas.

Berto
03-12-2010, 11:09 AM
That's why I ride my supermoto with steel toe boots and kick your bitch ass car... Wut wut!!!

I've had too many close calls... My two successful stopies ever were due to people pulling in front of me. My bike can off road like a mothafacka.... That was tested also... Hahahahahahahahaha.

Bagger Dave
03-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Glad to hear your ok Gas!! :eek:

Cafe
03-12-2010, 12:57 PM
My first ride on the street with my xr was yesterday. i didnt have a close call but i got pulled over and read the riot act on how not street legal my bike was. and about how i should not be down shifting three gears as i make a right turn. i dont know what that was about, im on a damn dirtbike i am used to having to down shift mid turn, its not like i came off the clutch mid turn. He was a cool cop and i didnt get a ticket but he was not to thrilled about my new dunlop's and there lack of being dot approved.

knobbies are the best thing to have when you need to hop up a curb and thru some ones lawn to avoid a dumb ass driver.

Gas Man
03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
Glad you're ok.

I thought you weren't going to ride until the streets were washed down from a good rain?

It rains the other night for a bit

You guys know that these fucking idiots are trying to kill us. This time of year is the worst, dumbasses just don't look. Head on a swivel gents, we have to.

Everyone ride safe. The last thing I want to hear about is one of you going down.

Glad you're ok Gas.

Oh yeah for sure... When idiot mofos are even stupider! It can and does happen!

That's why I ride my supermoto with steel toe boots and kick your bitch ass car... Wut wut!!!

I've had too many close calls... My two successful stopies ever were due to people pulling in front of me. My bike can off road like a mothafacka.... That was tested also... Hahahahahahahahaha.

I'm with ya on steel toes!

jerrygsx
03-12-2010, 06:05 PM
Glad you didn't get nailed Gas! Been riding 75 to work last few days and nobody at this time of year expects to see motorcycles on the road yet. As far as kicking or hitting the car next to you, it may not be a good idea because the pinhead's knee jerk reaction will probably be to turn further into you!! Also, don't forget it's Spring POTHOLE season!.

Mad Dog
03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
Glad your ok Chris. Got some rain last night with more on the way sat&sun. Mon&tues 55 and sunny. I know where i'll be.:D

Gas Man
03-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Glad your ok Chris. Got some rain last night with more on the way sat&sun. Mon&tues 55 and sunny. I know where i'll be.:D
Me too Don!

Mad Dog
03-12-2010, 11:02 PM
I've been off work since Jan. 22nd. Waitin for some warmer weather and I just might come see you guys.

Trainguy
03-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Riding experience paid off that time. Glad your ok.

Gas Man
03-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Riding experience paid off that time. Glad your ok.
Oh yeah for sure...

I'm sure ABS helped too!

Mudpuppy
03-13-2010, 01:42 AM
i really dig the diagram.. nice work gas and glad you made it out unscathed..

Gas Man
03-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Yeah that was a 3 minute MS Paint drawing...

Mudpuppy
03-14-2010, 11:51 PM
it was very helpful in understand the situation..

Lumpy
03-16-2010, 04:24 PM
Those OH S#%T moments really get the adrenaline pumping eh.

I almost got it from a school bus a couple days ago.

Gas Man
03-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Those OH S#%T moments really get the adrenaline pumping eh.

I almost got it from a school bus a couple days ago.
Oh yeah for sure. Then the happy place you get from the rush.

SCREAMING JESTER
03-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Seen my first biker tip over yesterday afternoon/evening while in front of Mr. B's in Royal Oak, I was talking to a few other bikers whom were all on really nice custom painted Boulevards when another Boulevard rider passed and noticed the guys standing next to there bikes. He did a U turn in the middle of Main St. and pulled up next to me to park I looked away for a second and turned back around to fine the big guy at a 45 degree angle and going down fast we all ran over to help him get back upright but it was to late and he went down with his left leg under the bike but we were able to grab the handle bars and slow the bike from going down hard on his leg, he was fine but I noticed he had no front turn turning signals at all so I asked him about them and he turned to me and said "you think this was the first time that's happened!" We nicked named the big guy "four teeth" because that's about how many teeth he had in his mouth but really nice guy.

Thruxtonbill
03-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Seen my first biker tip over yesterday afternoon/evening while in front of Mr. B's in Royal Oak, I was talking to a few other bikers whom were all on really nice custom painted Boulevards when another Boulevard rider passed and noticed the guys standing next to there bikes. He did a U turn in the middle of Main St. and pulled up next to me to park I looked away for a second and turned back around to fine the big guy at a 45 degree angle and going down fast we all ran over to help him get back upright but it was to late and he went down with his left leg under the bike but we were able to grab the handle bars and slow the bike from going down hard on his leg, he was fine but I noticed he had no front turn turning signals at all so I asked him about them and he turned to me and said "you think this was first time that's happened!" We nicked named the big guy "four teeth" because that's about how many teeth he had in his mouth but really nice guy.

Oh my! Maybe he knocked out the rest of his teeth when he went down before. "you think that's the first time that's happened" ......Priceless!