PDA

View Full Version : HOLLY VINTAGE BIKE GATHERING SUNDAY OCT. 5

meinschaft
09-17-2008, 05:39 PM
The first Sunday of October (the 5th) is the Holly Vintage Bike Gathering.* (This takes place twice a year: the first Sunday in May, then again the first Sunday in October).* The downtown area is closed-off to motorcycles only.* While it is billed as a vintage event, there are ALL kinds of bikes there, old and new.* Depending on the weather, I've seen as many as 3-400 bikes there - only 20 on a cold rainy day :( .

Runs from about 11 a.m until approximately 4:00 p.m.*

Anyone interested in organizing a ride from the western suburbs (Northville/Plymouth area)???* Very nice route, up through Milford.* No freeways, all back roads.

Gas Man
09-17-2008, 11:15 PM
Been there before when I lived in Grand Blanc... Holly is a nice small town...

bettyboop1w
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
I would like to go on this ride.* So if weather permits count two in.

bettyboop1w
09-29-2008, 10:19 AM
Meinschaft do we have a count of who is going on this ride?*

I'm down by all major highways so any meeting place is cool, just give me directions and time and if weather holds I'll go.

meinschaft
09-30-2008, 08:07 AM
I only know what has been posted here.* If weather allows, I'm going.* Been going since 2003 and don't want to miss this year.* We can leave between 11-12 noon from downtown Northville, head up through Wixom, then through Milford to Holly.* All back roads, makes for a nice ride.* Let's hope the rain is gone, eh?

detdrbuzzard
09-30-2008, 10:46 AM
i'm going if the weather is nice and see if my neighbor can go too

meinschaft
09-30-2008, 11:34 AM
I just checked the long-range weather forecast.* They are calling for 64 and cloudy this Sunday, but so far, no rain!!!!

10-02-2008, 10:36 AM
It's supposed to be mid 60's and sunny on Sunday. (the whole weekend really)

I'm leaning towards meeting MS near Northville and riding out with him. I sure would like to check out the bike show, and vintage bikes too, I'm really starting to get into those.

Anybody else know one way or the other yet?

bettyboop1w
10-02-2008, 11:58 AM
Hopefully my bike will be finished by Saturday because I want to go.

MS let us know what meeting place and what time?* We should be able to do that early like 10 - 10:30 to get up there.

10-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Hopefully my bike will be finished by Saturday because I want to go.

MS let us know what meeting place and what time?* We should be able to do that early like 10 - 10:30 to get up there.

Finishing your bike from what?

bettyboop1w
10-02-2008, 12:34 PM
The housing for my clutch is leaking oil.* So I ordered the part from Rosenau picking it up today and fixing on it tonight and tomorrow.

10-02-2008, 02:03 PM
Ahhh, good luck with the repair. If you need any help, give me a shout. I have more free time than I know what to do with now... doug66@att.net

Back to a meeting place in Northville; I'm pretty familiar with the area, most of the main roads and stuff, but I don't have a clue about the route to Holly, so I'm open to a meeting spot. The more I think about this, the more I think I'm "IN".* ;)

Gotta see them bikes!* 8)

meinschaft
10-02-2008, 02:53 PM
For anyone who wants to join in the ride to Holly this Sunday, here is what I propose:

Time: 12 noon - DEPARTURE
Directions:* Northwest corner of Sheldon Rd. and 7 Mile.

Tips:* This parking lot is directly ACROSS (west of) the horse racing track.* It is NOT the lot north of the track on the EAST side of Sheldon Rd.*

WARNING: Sheldon Rd. is closed, due to construction near M-14, south of 5 Mile.* DO NOT COME THIS WAY.*

You can take Hines Drive all the way to Northville; Hines Drive ends about 1/4 mile* EAST of Northville Downs.* This location is easy to find and there is plenty of space for us to gather prior to departure, without the parking problems we will encounter in downtown Northville which is busy on a Sunday morning.

10-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Riding Hines from Telegraph all the way to Northville would work great for me. Good idea MS, I think I'm gonna roll with this plan.

Hines would be a nice, mostly traffic free ride, and only a handful of traffic lights. Earlier today I was thinking about here to Northville and forgot all about that.

10-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok, so that's two of us, meeting at Northville Downs at about 11:30 for a Noon ride out to Holly.

Who else?

(my wife may come also, and if she does, she'll be driving her car, and following us as well, so we will have a "safety vehicle" with us if you want to call it that, or if it means anything to you.* 8) )

bettyboop1w
10-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm going to go work on my bike tonight and tomorrow after class.* So as of today if nothing else goes wrong I'm in.* Nice route.

meinschaft
10-04-2008, 07:12 PM
Well the weather forecast looks like we can do the ride to Holly tomorrow.* The weatherman is saying if we get rain, it will be late in the day.* A good reason to get an early start.

To whoever is going:* please reply to this post.* I don't want to end up waiting for nothing.* If you ARE going, let's try to leave NO later than 12 noon.* Deal???

Careful out there.

10-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm still planning on going, and really looking forward to it. I'll be at the meet spot at about 11:30 or so. (I'm early for everything).

meinschaft
10-04-2008, 07:54 PM
Excellent.* Thanks, Doug.

10-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Unfortunately, I'm out now. I made a stupid mistake and dropped my bike. No big deal by itself, but the problem is when it dropped, it dropped on my leg, and more specifically, my ankle. My ankle is not working now, and I'm in a lot of pain. I can't walk thru my house without help, so I'll be spending some of today with a doctor....broken ankle? Sure feels like it....

I spent the night eating Excederin and keeping an ice pack on so I've had maybe two hours sleep on top of it, and I'm alot less than friendly now as well.

You guys enjoy the ride, enjoy the bikes, and enjoy what should be some nice weather.

I'm going to hobble my way to my backyard and kick my own ass with my good leg, and then probably go to the ER.* ::)

10-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Well it's not broken, but it is fractured, and swollen.* ::) Real smooth move on my part....

Anyway, I hope whoever went enjoyed, and I hope some pics come back. I really wish I was there, and I'm glad I only have to wait to May for the next one.

detdrbuzzard
10-05-2008, 08:44 PM
i did not make it either doug, i'm still fighting that cold/flu i got the other week when i went to rockys. today was the first time i started my bike since that trip

Gas Man
10-05-2008, 11:54 PM
That blows Doug!!

So how was this dilly?

bettyboop1w
10-06-2008, 12:14 PM
On the stupid note:* I didn't make this ride.* I flooded my bike out with oil, it has been leaking from the clutch housing and I looked and thought I didn't have enough oil in it and over filled it and she shut down.* So that's what I'll be doing today trying to find a turkey baster to suck the oil* out of the spark plug sockets.

Man I had my ride planned and everything, my riding gear all ready to go.

meinschaft
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Betty,

* * Matt showed up at the 'meeting place'.* We waited for you until noon, then left.* It was a nice ride, there were probably 100-150 bikes in Holly, fewer than I expected, actually.* Too bad about your bike, I hope you get it sorted for this Saturday's ride to Mason.* Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Gas Man
10-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Any pics?

bettyboop1w
10-06-2008, 02:43 PM
I'm going to work on it tonight or I'll drive down or ride the other bike.* The weather is suppose to be good but who knows.

meinschaft
10-06-2008, 03:19 PM
Matt, the guy who rode with me took some pics.* My wife is in California with our camera......

mcowie
10-09-2008, 03:24 PM
I had the pleasure to ride to the gathering with Phil.* Nice weather and a quality afternoon spent.

I did take my camera, but ended up doing a lot more looking than I did shooting pictures.* The ones I did take are not that great.* But here are a few.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnuw5S4jI ... 020326.JPG (http://lh5.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnuw5S4jI/AAAAAAAAAe4/8moMu583vLA/s400/P1020326.JPG)[/img]
http://lh5.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnwnH_HfI ... 020331.JPG (http://lh5.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnwnH_HfI/AAAAAAAAAfY/lCHa2qSFT0Q/s400/P1020331.JPG)[/img]
http://lh5.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnvSNsj9I ... 020327.JPG (http://lh5.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnvSNsj9I/AAAAAAAAAfA/u_pjcw6ee3E/s400/P1020327.JPG)[/img]
http://lh3.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnwdZ2OPI ... 020330.JPG (http://lh3.ggpht.com/mcowie/SOvnwdZ2OPI/AAAAAAAAAfQ/rQJESY0Jgpk/s400/P1020330.JPG)[/img]

-Matt

meinschaft
10-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Matt,

* * Thanks for posting the pics.* Man, it WAS a beautiful day, wasn't it?*

Just a reminder:* the next Holly Vintage Day will be MAY 4, 2009.* Mark your calendars!!!!!!

Gas Man
10-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Sweet lookin bobbers!!!