PDA

View Full Version : Newest CL scam

telecast
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Hello, I am interested in your (insert item here). Is it similar to the one in this video? (link) It's off my (sister's, dad's, mom's, friend's) computer, so I'm not certain. If it is close to the same, I'll take it.

I get about 3 of these per day, usually from different people, same item, same exact text. Sometimes I get them for someone else's post. Never clicked on a link and don't intend to. It's probably an advertisement website to save me from financial ruin. Probably drops cookies, spyware, who knows. Could be a link to a virus too. If you get one of these, ignore it.

Mudpuppy
03-09-2010, 11:09 AM
i don't do much on craig's list but thanks for the heads up..

telecast
03-09-2010, 11:58 AM
Normally I don't either, but I'm trying to clean out a bunch of stuff I don't use. Unfortunately most of them are big ticket items, The Sporty, a $1700 guitar, a $700 guitar, etc. Some low priced things. Once they're gone I won't bother anymore, but it's free and easy, and reaches a lot of people.

Mudpuppy
03-09-2010, 02:16 PM
yep its a great source and i have had good luck with it as well as ebay.. but with anything good there is always scammers..