PDA

View Full Version : Cheers to Dad

Gas Man
03-08-2010, 10:05 PM
For those that don't know... my dad passed away last year on Mar 23rd. Just weeks after his bday Mar 8, 1950. That is today, which he would have been 60.

So just like I have been a part of with a buds family, I'm starting the tradition. On significant days. You do a round of drinks of their favorite. So for my dad, he use to drink Southern Comfort (SoCo) before us kids, sometimes mixed with 7up or Squirt. Then he was more known for drinking long islands and 7&7 (Seagrams 7 & 7up).

So for dad. RIP & We miss you.

My BIL, SIL, Wife, and me. +1 for dad (that I drank)
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Misc/SU1HMDAxNjAuanBn.jpg

Then for round 2 (3 for me).
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Misc/SU1HMDAxNjEuanBn.jpg

Wife did SoCo with OJ which was also yummy. Guess dad had good taste!!

Mudpuppy
03-09-2010, 12:10 AM
cheers to your dad for sure.. sorry to hear he passed away..

Pigpen
03-09-2010, 12:19 AM
The loss of a parent is tough. After lossing both my mom and my dad ,I have a pretty good idea what you and your family have been through.

Cheers to Chris and his Dad.
No southern comfort in the house so I did a shot of Jack.

alhall88
03-09-2010, 03:51 AM
Great idea and a good tradition, keep it up.

Trainguy
03-09-2010, 06:56 AM
Cheers to you and your Dad.

Trainguy

Thruxtonbill
03-09-2010, 07:43 AM
My dad has been gone over 20 years and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. Great tradition, keep it going. I'm sure he was looking down and had a drink with you.

telecast
03-09-2010, 07:49 AM
Cheers to dad.

RedneckMedic
03-09-2010, 09:00 AM
cheers to all who have lost someone.

Bagger Dave
03-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Cheers to you and your Dad and your Family Chris!

I didn't have any Southern Comfort...so I did a shot of Jack Daniels from the bottle that Cutty left here!! LOL!:D

meinschaft
03-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Chris - didn't know about your Dad. Sorry to hear it. Keep his memory alive.

Mine passed in '03. I sure miss the dude. He was a biker back in the late 30s, early 40s. Got me interested in this fine madness.

jerrygsx
03-09-2010, 04:59 PM
Cheers to your Dad, and from the looks of it , he's keepin a good eye on you and keeping you out of trouble. Lost my Dad about 10 years ago myself, so cheers to all who lost someone.

Outlaw
03-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I did not know about you losing your dad....very sorry to hear. I also lost my dad 10 years ago this November....so cheers to your dad, and cheers to all dads http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/happy0180.gif

Gas Man
03-09-2010, 06:26 PM
The loss of a parent is tough. After lossing both my mom and my dad ,I have a pretty good idea what you and your family have been through.

Cheers to Chris and his Dad.
No southern comfort in the house so I did a shot of Jack.

That is great. Thanks for the toast!

Cheers to you and your Dad and your Family Chris!

I didn't have any Southern Comfort...so I did a shot of Jack Daniels from the bottle that Cutty left here!! LOL!:D

Cutty to save the day! Thanks Dave!

Great idea and a good tradition, keep it up.

I thought it was a great idea/tradition.

My dad has been gone over 20 years and not a day goes by that I don't think about him. Great tradition, keep it going. I'm sure he was looking down and had a drink with you.

Chris - didn't know about your Dad. Sorry to hear it. Keep his memory alive.

Mine passed in '03. I sure miss the dude. He was a biker back in the late 30s, early 40s. Got me interested in this fine madness.

Cheers to your Dad, and from the looks of it , he's keepin a good eye on you and keeping you out of trouble. Lost my Dad about 10 years ago myself, so cheers to all who lost someone.

I did not know about you losing your dad....very sorry to hear. I also lost my dad 10 years ago this November....so cheers to your dad, and cheers to all dads http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/smilies/happy0180.gif

Sorry guys for your loss guys. I know what you are all feeling.

Thanks for all the kind words.