PDA

View Full Version : Wheel service

_DK_
03-05-2010, 12:14 PM
I found a decently priced wheel service on Craiglist, Not sure if he's on the site here or not. 10mile/I-94 area Ad says Rich at Detroit Wheelz

Mounted and balanced was $20

We probably could have gotten the tire on manually but it was damn cold out and rubber was hard! We didn't want to rip another tube.

I'd most likely go there again.

Bob
03-05-2010, 08:40 PM
I've tried to get Rich on here I think. Does he do relacing too?

Mudpuppy
03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
$20 is a good price for sure..

_DK_
03-06-2010, 12:53 AM
I've tried to get Rich on here I think. Does he do relacing too?

I think so, I did my own with RoadKill's help. He quoted me a super cheap price on lacing... not sure he knew what he was quoting though... a Honda hub to a 16" harley wheel = pain in the ass. Roadkill said he normally charged $100 to lace that type of setup. Rich was alot less...

Bob
03-06-2010, 08:30 AM
Yeah, I think that was the guy I talked to a while back.

Was that price just for installing the tube and tire? That's the cheapest I've seen so far. Does he have a regular shop?

_DK_
03-06-2010, 08:59 AM
He said $20, but since we had it halfway on he gave me a brake... LOL

He's got a tire mounting machine and balancer @ the house. Lots of used rubber too with decent treads... No website and I left the business card at Roadkill's house.

I figured I'd give the guy some prop's here since you never know what kind of bullshit you'll find on Craigslist. This guy is straight up though. Not a scammer or hack.

punch in "wheel lacing" or "tire service" in the search box on Craigslist, The guy's name is Rich

Bob
03-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I'm sure I've talked to him before. Good guy for sure.