PDA

View Full Version : Ok, new Toyota thread

telecast
03-04-2010, 12:59 PM
The lawsuits are starting. And according to last night's news, there have been dozens of reports of 'repaired' vehicles still accelerating and causing accidents.

I have to admit now I'm a bit concerned. I was pretty happy the 'perfect' cars were finally getting their own bad press, but now there could be jobs at stake, and we can't afford any more jobs. Hopefully this will end soon and leave a scar just big enough to put them on an even playing field.

Mudpuppy
03-04-2010, 01:08 PM
yes but let's hope the jobs shift from toyota to say ford.. then all will be right with the world.. ford's sales were up like 43% last month and that is just the beginning..

Thruxtonbill
03-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Right, It's all about market share. A perfect time for the domestics to grab some of the market back that they have lost EVERY year for the last 25 years.

telecast
03-04-2010, 01:47 PM
Man I wish I'd have bought Ford stock when it was a buck.

GM's liquidation stock was $0.59 yesterday. Does anyone know what happens when they get that cleared up? I might be tempted to buy a thousand shares or so.

Mudpuppy
03-04-2010, 02:41 PM
My Dad bought a bunch of Ford stock at a buck and so did my Uncle.. I was too skeptical to jump in damnit..

IDK about Government Motors - but with Bob Lutz leaving I would think the $0.59 price might be the yearly high for that stock.. They are using tax money to pay back the tax money they received as a bailout? I am not real optimistic about the General right now.. Not real optimistic about the Chrysler/Fiat fiasco either..