PDA

View Full Version : Time to bring your bike to Life!

jerrygsx
02-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Bikes everywhere in Michigan are begging to be brought back to life. Here is a Last September ride home from work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cRVYkMryw

I9cRVYkMryw

RoadZombie
02-21-2010, 07:43 PM
Slick. Thinking of doing some MotoVlogging this summer as well. I'm also thinking of starting doing some videos of our group rides too. Good tune as well!

RedneckMedic
02-21-2010, 11:22 PM
what do you guys use for video on these?

telecast
02-22-2010, 07:53 AM
Maybe a bit premature on this 'wake up your bike' thing....

Rug, Jerry and I did a ride last year. As I recall he just had a small digital camera with video capture.

I have a pretty nice camera, too nice to clamp to the handlebars. My daughter bought a new underwater camera last year before she went to Mexico for a dive trip, so I've liberated her old one. It's just a cheapie, but it's still 5.5 megapixel. More than enough for this kind of thing. It'd probably print 8x10 ok if I needed it. I need to find a handlebar mount for it.

These days you can pick up an 8 megapixel camera for about $40.

jerrygsx
02-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Rugby, I used a simple Sony (webbie) digital camera that also takes video. Paid 150$ at Walmart for it. It has a swivel lens. I have a handlebar mount and I can velcro it in the helmet. Not great quality, but good enough.

If anyone knows of a cheap video camera that has an external jack for a microphone let me know since I'd rather clip a mic in the helmet and leave the camera on the handlebar.

Trainguy
02-22-2010, 08:45 AM
Allright who the hell jinxed this by talkin' about wakin' up the bikes. Just cleaned about 7" of global warming off the driveway:eek:

Mudpuppy
02-22-2010, 10:44 AM
damn jerry you are a bit excited about riding this past weekend - this is like the 6th post about it..

RoadZombie
02-22-2010, 04:16 PM
Rugby, I used a simple Sony (webbie) digital camera that also takes video. Paid 150$ at Walmart for it. It has a swivel lens. I have a handlebar mount and I can velcro it in the helmet. Not great quality, but good enough.

If anyone knows of a cheap video camera that has an external jack for a microphone let me know since I'd rather clip a mic in the helmet and leave the camera on the handlebar.

Cheap and that feature aren't really mutual. ;-) Cheapest I've seen is the Kodak Zi8 for $200. You can get a digital voice recorder (Olympus makes one...I'm sure there are more) that capture audio in MP3 or WMV format, and overlay that on to the video. I've read that the build in voice recorder on the iPhone or iPod Touch works for this as well. I'm gunna give that route a shot with an MD80 "spy cam" velcroed onto my helmet...I prefer it to handlebar mounting, more POV.

jerrygsx
02-22-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks Roadzombie, the Kodak zi8 looks interesting, especially with the ext. mic feature. If it has the tripod mount (I think it does) then I can put it on the handlebars instead of inside of the helmet.

As for Mudpuppy, I don't know what makes you think I am anxious to ride. Maybe if I had 7 posts then I could see your point, but a measly 6? :D

RoadZombie
02-22-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm almost certain it does have a tripod mount. It's also HD ;-)

Bob
02-22-2010, 08:57 PM
This should be a wake up your snow blower thread.

Gas Man
02-22-2010, 10:14 PM
This should be a wake up your snow blower thread.
Yeah right!!!