PDA

View Full Version : Whats your flavor?

09-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Me, I'm a bike junky through and through. I'll go to any bike show, and oogle anything that is motorcycle, and at some point I'd like to ride one of everything, just for the feel. One reason I bought a Vulcan this year was just to ride a v-twin cruiser for a summer, and while this bikes a keeper, next year there'll be another.

My preference though, what I lean towards, and "lust after" the most is the naked/standard group. I'd have a garage full of them if I could. Old, (vintage?) and new. I could just kick my own ass for selling my Nighthawk, and will probably have to buy another at some point. Those are one of those, "since I was a kid" bikes.* And my "wish list" is way to long to print, so I'll stop here.

So how about you?

And, if you could have any one single bike today, without fear of money, spouse, or riding ability, what it be? ;)

Bob
09-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I like all bikes but think I'd lean toward, even though I've never been on one, a touring style bike like a Goldwing just for the comfort and ability to do long trips comfortably.

If I could have any bike right now it's probably be an MV Augusta just because I don't see any around ever.

Gas Man
09-16-2008, 02:41 AM
I can appreciate all bikes and love the world of two wheels.* However, there are some bikes, while I would ride them, would never own one.* But I will ride with anyone and wrench on anything.

That being said, my chop is everything I could ever want in a high end bike.* But its a pure hot rod, so I would like to get a "turn key" HD Ultra Classic for milage rides and day to day riding.*

detdrbuzzard
09-16-2008, 08:16 AM
i wanted an '84 goldwing when they first came out but had to but* five cars in three month so i finally got one last year. last year while looking for w wing i test rode six 1500s but all were high ( 150,000 miles ) milage bikes so i ended up with a 1200 finally and found a lower milage ( 38,475 ) this year and thats what i ride now. the only thing i think i want is something like a yamaha dt 125 or175 or a honda xl 125, 175, or 185 oh and a standard '84 goldwing the one without bags and fairing

Berto
09-17-2008, 09:52 AM
I like all bikes... I LOVE supermoto... if you like going fast on a slow bike, this is the bike for you.

Also like sport bikes, and cruisers and touring bikes and... well, anything on two wheels.

bettyboop1w
09-17-2008, 11:24 AM
I like the Shadow and I think an 1100...But I finally rode Drbuzzards 1500 and I kind of like the feel, but maybe get a 1200 first, then I really like the 750's.

If I trade my 1000 in next season, I think I'll stay in the same family...I really would like to test the Shadow out.