PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Services

seatmaker
02-19-2010, 12:43 PM
http://www.americanmobilecycleservices.com/ Damn, I meant SOUTHEAST

Gas Man
02-19-2010, 01:36 PM
Great idea... but the dude needs a lift in there.

seatmaker
02-19-2010, 07:12 PM
Yea he agrees, it's coming. Think he does a tow service type thing too for you Harley riders.:eek:

Gas Man
02-19-2010, 11:31 PM
But it also doesn't help me or you much in our counties...

Good idea never the less. I offer the same services... you just need to come to me. although I have been known to show up on call.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Lift%20Wrenching/Doug/TravelWrench001.jpg

telecast
02-20-2010, 09:35 AM
That's pretty slick.

Bob
02-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Good idea for sure. When your bike is not running and you need a mechanic it'd be nice to have him come to you. I have a buddy that owns a shop downriver and and he'll make house calls to work on bikes and boats a lot of times.

Bob
02-20-2010, 09:52 AM
I just realized he's really only doing oil changes, bolt on, and detailing. I thought he was a full blown mechanic. It would be nice if he could do tires and stuff too and mechanical repairs. And why did he limit his business to just American made V-Twins? Oil changes are easy on anything. Unless he figured he'd need a lot more filters. Either way it's sort of goofy to limit yourself to only American V-Twins I'd think.

telecast
02-20-2010, 10:12 AM
I just realized he's really only doing oil changes, bolt on, and detailing. I thought he was a full blown mechanic. It would be nice if he could do tires and stuff too and mechanical repairs. And why did he limit his business to just American made V-Twins? Oil changes are easy on anything. Unless he figured he'd need a lot more filters. Either way it's sort of goofy to limit yourself to only American V-Twins I'd think.

I noticed the same thing about oil changes/accessories. It'd be nice if he did major repairs, although I'm not sure how that'd translate to setting up in someone's driveway. He probably hauls anything major back to his shop?

The US only is probably due to the amount of stuff he'd need to have in stock.

Bob
02-20-2010, 10:14 AM
I noticed the same thing about oil changes/accessories. It'd be nice if he did major repairs, although I'm not sure how that'd translate to setting up in someone's driveway. He probably hauls anything major back to his shop?

The US only is probably due to the amount of stuff he'd need to have in stock.

If he has a shop that's probably what he does is hauls it back. When I was having trouble with the Vulcan and had no time to work on it last year I had two shops that would come get the bike. One in Livonia and one in Warren. Both where going to charge to pick up though so I just waited and finally had the time to do it myself.

Gas Man
02-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Believe it or not Bob. Biker Bobs will work on it as well.

telecast
02-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Kensington Motorsports picks up for free, and so does BB's. Not sure if Kensington has a distance limit.

Gas Man
02-20-2010, 11:29 AM
BB doesn't really have a distance limit. They also don't charge.

seatmaker
02-20-2010, 12:40 PM
Well I forwarded him the link, maybe he'll take note of all your good ideas.

RoadZombie
02-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Kensington Motorsports picks up for free, and so does BB's. Not sure if Kensington has a distance limit.

Did not know that...and I spend quite a bit of time there ordering parts and such. LoL Although, I never had a reason to take a bike somewhere. If it breaks down on the road, I trailer it home and fix it. If it breaks at home...already there. LoL

RoadZombie
02-20-2010, 01:33 PM

Harley uses MAYBE 3 different oil filters throughout their entire line (Sportster, V-Rod, Twin Cam)...possibly 4 if you throw in the EVO engine (may even use the same filter as the Twin Cam)...and right there you probably have 90% of all the Harleys on the road covered with only 4 different filters....if that. Not so simple with Metric bikes. Damn near every model has a unique oil filter, so you have to stock FAR more inventory. Not bad to do in a shop, but to carry all of that mobily would be a PITA. Plus, you wind up with FAR more money tied up in inventory. From a strictly bussiness perspective, only doing Harleys makes far more sense.

Bob
02-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Harley uses MAYBE 3 different oil filters throughout their entire line (Sportster, V-Rod, Twin Cam)...possibly 4 if you throw in the EVO engine (may even use the same filter as the Twin Cam)...and right there you probably have 90% of all the Harleys on the road covered with only 4 different filters....if that. Not so simple with Metric bikes. Damn near every model has a unique oil filter, so you have to stock FAR more inventory. Not bad to do in a shop, but to carry all of that mobily would be a PITA. Plus, you wind up with FAR more money tied up in inventory. From a strictly bussiness perspective, only doing Harleys makes far more sense.

Good point!

Gas Man
02-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Not too mention Harleys are easier to work on. Of coarse this would be above maintance and more into repairs. We just discussed this on here last week when it comes to pulling carbs on a metric cruiser.