PDA

View Full Version : If you ever go to Walmart

telecast
02-14-2010, 09:19 AM
to get a watch battery, and the girl behind the counter asks if you want her to put the battery in for you, the answer should be HELL NO.

Stupid bitch screwed up my watch. She couldn't get it back together, took her 15 minutes. And when she finally did force the back on it didn't work. Then she blamed it on the watch saying the battery tabs were screwed up. Really? It was working fine when I got here. I went to the manager and she wanted to take me back to the jewelry counter and have the girl get it working. OH HELL NO, not again.

So I took it home figuring she just got the battery in wrong. Nope, she dicked it up. I ended up buying a new watch. I''m going to take the old one to Walmart and demand they reimburse what it cost to replace it, and give me the $5 back for the battery.

"tele, if the watch was working when you took it in, why'd you need a new battery?"

Good question, I'm glad you axed.....

It's one of those Indiglos where the face lights up when you push the stem. The light was very dim and wouldn't stay on for more than a second.

Odds are they'll blow me off. I should've never left the store until it was resolved. It wasn't an expensive watch, but that ain't the point.

Bob
02-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Yeah man, I'd never take a watch to a big box store. Your best bet is to take it to a watch specific store. Luckily we have one right near us that I go to for all of my watch batteries, repairs, and stuff like that.

telecast
02-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Yeah, but it's a freakin battery. I usually do them myself, but she offered. I figured WTF.

Bob
02-14-2010, 09:57 AM
Yeah, but it's a freakin battery. I usually do them myself, but she offered. I figured WTF.

I had a watch where I could not get the back back on after replacing the battery. I ended up breaking the crystal trying to push the back back on. LOL I also had Sears mess up a band once so I just take it to the watch place down the road.

Gas Man
02-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Yeah you "should have" just made them give ya new watch. I'm sure they had those style watches there.

I try to stay out of walmart at all costs anyway.

telecast
02-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah you "should have" just made them give ya new watch. I'm sure they had those style watches there.

Nope, In fact, My exact words to their stupid customer service manager were:

"If this is broken you owe me a watch. And not one of those crappy watches on your shelf, THIS watch."

Gas Man
02-14-2010, 11:18 AM
But what is your watch?

telecast
02-14-2010, 11:35 AM
It's just a $40 Timex, but it was a gift. Plus I really like the way it looks.

I went on line and found out they still make the model, then poked around. Kohls had them in stock.

RoadZombie
02-14-2010, 01:27 PM
www.peopleofwalmart.com (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com) ...pretty much says it all.

Mudpuppy
02-14-2010, 11:50 PM
do not shop at walmart - if you want to know why use the internet and look the shit up.. largest company in the world ass raping america one white trash motherfucker at a time.. don't help their cause.. that is unless you support running this country all the way into the ground and you like unemployment to go up along with cost of living, taxes and home values to drop even more.. fuck walmart

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_C_dw0NF2IAQ/ShDUdjx9tYI/AAAAAAAABQs/0cf3GZVIDmc/s400/Walmart+wants+your+soul.jpg

Rider
02-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Citizen eco drive FTMFW. No battery needed...ever!

Chris300s
02-15-2010, 04:27 PM
fuck walmart

Citizen eco drive. No battery needed...ever!
Couldn't agree more, and... couldn't agree more. My Avatar is my evil Mart pumpkin. - and- I've had an EcoDrive for 4 years.
http://shophitech.com/images/2810-AT0000-55A.jpg
Chris

RoadZombie
02-15-2010, 04:45 PM
...my cell phone has a clock. ;-) Stopped wearing a watch when I was an apprentice in the IBEW. Shortly after, cell phones became predominant. I can't even really wear a watch any more...just isn't comfortable for me anymore. Strange how technology changes us.

telecast
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
And me, I feel naked without one.

I must've looked at my bare wrist 20 times that night to see what time it was. I was freaking PISSED and my kid knew it. So what does he do? I'm stepping outside to have a smoke and he says: "Hey dad, what time is it?" Of course I look at my wrist. He starts laughing like a godamned hyena. I shoulda slapped the shit outta' him, but I got to admt, he's got a helluva sense of humor.

Mudpuppy
02-15-2010, 04:53 PM
i have a yamaha watch but the battery died.. and its such a pain in the ass to get it replaced.. its like a whole day event.. like you say cell phones have a clock so fuck it..

Bob
02-15-2010, 05:38 PM
...my cell phone has a clock. ;-) Stopped wearing a watch when I was an apprentice in the IBEW. Shortly after, cell phones became predominant. I can't even really wear a watch any more...just isn't comfortable for me anymore. Strange how technology changes us.

I'm the same way. I used to wear one 24/7 and now don't. I have a nice watch but I usually only wear it if I'm dressing up. But it took me a long time to get used to not having a watch on.