PDA

View Full Version : I'm assuming I'm not the only one...

vortech302
01-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I had someone contact me to let me know I'm asking too much for my bike according to NADA, WTF

Trainguy
01-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Not Me, not yet

Bob
01-30-2010, 05:01 PM
From Craigslist?

vortech302
01-30-2010, 05:17 PM
From Craigslist?

Yes. My bike is priced where it should be. If anything I'll keep it as a backup and buy someone's repo'ed bike.

telecast
01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
There are a lot of them out there. FYI, NADA Bluebook is way lower than what the market will support. Kelly Bluebook is a lot closer.

Forgot to add, one guy informed me my Sporty bluebooks at $2500, then offered that much. Told him to fuck off and die.

Right now you won't get as much, wait until spring. I'm about to pull my $4200 Sportster ad. I'll wait until mid-March, or as soon as the weather turns. It'll only take one or two nice days for the fever to hit and then it'll be a $4500 Sportster ad.

Gas Man
01-30-2010, 06:53 PM
All of this....

All of this is why I just trade in.

Sorry boys.

Bob
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
CL sucks for that. I hate selling stuff on CL because I get more stupid emails and low ballers than anything.

Bob
01-30-2010, 07:47 PM
p.s. Might want to try ebay. I got double what I paid for my Ninja by selling it on ebay. LOL

RoadZombie
01-30-2010, 08:04 PM
I've had a lot of luck BUYING off craigslist....selling is a WHOLE 'nother story. Lowballers and no-shows galore.

Bob
01-30-2010, 08:50 PM
I've had a lot of luck BUYING off craigslist....selling is a WHOLE 'nother story. Lowballers and no-shows galore.

Agreed, you never know if the dude is going to show up or not.

RoadZombie
01-31-2010, 12:25 AM
I sold a Playstation 2 on there awhile back. Put it up Friday night...it sold Sunday. I had 8...YES...8 "no shows". "Oh yeah I'll be right there!"...uh-huh.

Gas Man
01-31-2010, 02:15 AM
I sold a Playstation 2 on there awhile back. Put it up Friday night...it sold Sunday. I had 8...YES...8 "no shows". "Oh yeah I'll be right there!"...uh-huh.
What the Fuck is wrong with people!

vortech302
01-31-2010, 06:53 PM

I've bought a few things off there and I don't lowball people, I show up, I look almost everyday but don't send emails unless I'm ready to buy. The most I'll do is ask someone their bottom dollar

vortech302
01-31-2010, 06:55 PM

Same thing, I've had people no show and when I email or call I get "Well I didn't think it was a big deal". MF don't say you're coming then like I don't have better things to do.

RoadZombie
01-31-2010, 08:02 PM
I've bought a few things off there and I don't lowball people, I show up, I look almost everyday but don't send emails unless I'm ready to buy. The most I'll do is ask someone their bottom dollar

Yup. Same here. Got my Virago, Deuce, Ninja, and my Golden Retriever off CL. Got damn good deals on all of them. Haha! Then again, I browse only adds within my price range. I knew my bottom line and would only look at something in the same general area. Like my Deuce, the guy was asking $9500 (DAAAMN good deal at that price as it was). I offered $9250. There's a HUUUUGE difference between haggling and just plain stupid.

Fortunately when I sold my Virago I must have lucked out and sold it to the first caller for only $100 less than I was asking...which was still $400 more than I paid for the bike 3 or 4 months prior. ;-) I also was VERY resonable on the price. Similar bikes were being advertised at the time for $2000...I was asking $1750.

I think one of the biggest problems on Craigslist is that a LOT of people think their garbage is worth gold. Nothing illustrates this better than the Ninja 250 (not really "junk"...just illustrating a point). Prior to 08, the MSRP brand new was only $3000. Do a search for "Ninja 250" and see how many people are asking $2500+ for used ones with 5k miles+ on the off-season. People see things like that and assume EVERYONE is overpriced. The way I look at it is I have "X" amount of money to spend...I look for things priced closely to "X"...give or take a few dollars, and work from there. Maybe I'm nuts ;-)

RoadZombie
01-31-2010, 08:03 PM
Same thing, I've had people no show and when I email or call I get "Well I didn't think it was a big deal". MF don't say you're coming then like I don't have better things to do.

Exactly! How hard is it to be like "Um, I changed my mind"...at least I'm not waiting around for nothing. People are assholes.

telecast
02-01-2010, 03:53 PM
I have several guitars on CL right now because I'm just not playing much anymore. Not getting out of it, just thinning the herd. One is a Les Paul Limited Edition. I keep getting stupid offers, and even though the ad says NO TRADES (just like that, all caps) I keep getting trade offers. The other thing I keep getting is spam telling me I don't need to sell all my posessions just to stay alive. Finally got tired of it today when some dickhead sent an email offering to trade me a bunch of junk and an XBox for the guitar. So, I added this to the listing:

Ok, look, the price is the price. No trades means no trades. No, I do not 'need the cash'. I don't have to sell this, I want to because I simply don't play much anymore (which is also why I won't take any trades). It's just setting here. So if you're emailing to offer me a trade, lowball the price, or send me an ad saying how badly you feel for me and I should check out your website, save us both some time and just don't respond.

RoadZombie
02-01-2010, 04:20 PM
LoL Tele....I'm sure that ain't gunna stop 'em. Everyone wants something for nothing anymore. Plus the general population is nothing but a stagnant cesspool of genes that should have long ago gone extinct according to Darwin. I mean, c'mon...just look at the show "Jersey Shore". If that show lasting more than one episode doesn't prove that people are morons, I don't know what will. People actually watch that! Maybe the 2012 kooks ARE right.

vortech302
02-01-2010, 04:58 PM
LoL Tele....I'm sure that ain't gunna stop 'em. Everyone wants something for nothing anymore. Plus the general population is nothing but a stagnant cesspool of genes that should have long ago gone extinct according to Darwin. I mean, c'mon...just look at the show "Jersey Shore". If that show lasting more than one episode doesn't prove that people are morons, I don't know what will. People actually watch that! Maybe the 2012 kooks ARE right.

http://www.guidofistpump.com/

Thruxtonbill
02-12-2010, 11:44 AM
FUCK fuckin Craigslist!...........thats all.

meinschaft
02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Craigslist is what it is. Frankly, I'm glad it's out there and prefer it to FleabaY - at least most of the time.

Sold my bike last October. First caller showed up - with his wife - at the time he said he would. He took it for a test-ride while the wife waited in my driveway. Sold it for the asking price. You win some and lose some.

The maroons are annoying but not that hard to deal with.

telecast
02-22-2010, 08:03 AM
If assholes were airplanes craiglist would be an airport.

Another weekend of tire kickers, low ballers, and people dissapearing. I had two solid hits on an item. One guy is in FLA on vacation, says he can Paypal the money, or I can hold it for him when he gets back. No way am I holding it, too many people never show up. I told him to paypal. No response since Sat afternoon.

Another guy on the same item, wantes to come get it RIGHT NOW, emailed my phone #. No response.

A different item, guy is ready to buy, please call my cellphone. Called, no answer, left a message, no response. Another guy on the same item just emailed to tell me I'm asking too much. I really wanted to tell him to fuck off, but then he'd have my email so I let it go.

One guy emailed on a lot of old archery stuff from when I had a shop. I have hundreds of knocks, vanes, feathers, arrows, all kinds of shit. I listed the bigger items and posted some pics. He asked me to take pictures of everything and send a full inventory list. Huh? You want me to count all the vanes and nocks? Seriously? This is like $250 for the whole lot. Come out, look, make an offer on what you want. Jeez.

vortech302
02-22-2010, 04:57 PM
I ended up getting quite a few offers on my bike off Craigslist, but surprisingly the two best offers I got were off Xceedspeed (if you're not familiar, it's a car site that kinda caters to a younger crowd). And I got pretty fortunate on the bike I picked up, I found it on CL and two people had already flaked on him, I was the first person to come see it.

Bob
02-22-2010, 07:42 PM
When did all of this happen? After lunch!!??

vortech302
02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
When did all of this happen? After lunch!!??

Yep, Black Mamba got picked up about 4, and I bought El Diablo Rojo on Sunday.

RedneckMedic
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM
so what bike did you end up getting im going through withdrawals with all this snow so i need to see some damn pics!!!!:p

RoadZombie
02-23-2010, 07:45 PM
LoL I started up the Ninja and rolled it back about 3 feet, hoped on, put it in gear and "rode" the 3 feet back. *sigh* C'mon spring!

vortech302
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
She just needs a cool nickname

RedneckMedic
02-23-2010, 11:35 PM
she looks clean... are you not satisfied with red devil.

Bob
02-24-2010, 09:58 AM
Nice man! I'll have to swing by and check it out.

vortech302
02-24-2010, 11:18 AM
she looks clean... are you not satisfied with red devil.

That was the first thing that came to mind. Either that or Ginger.

Gas Man
02-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Souless Ginger!!

RoadZombie
02-25-2010, 06:31 PM
EY39fkmqKBM

vortech302
02-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Holy shit that was funny

Gas Man
02-25-2010, 11:23 PM
I sent that to my souless ginger BIL