PDA

View Full Version : Halloween II

zamochit
01-24-2010, 12:10 AM
Anyone watch this new remake by Rob Zombie yet? I just watched it tonight and Rob is really starting to get better at making Horror. Besides Michael Myers being a bit too tall, the movie was a pretty damn good thriller. If you like Horror flicks its a good watch.

telecast
01-24-2010, 09:36 AM
I like horror movies, but I don't like slasher movies. Halloween, Nightmare, and all the rest fall into the second category. Gimme' a good vampire or wherewolf flick and I'm all set. I'm waiting for the new Wolfman to hit the theaters in Feb. My son wants to see it, I told him I'd take him but ONLY if he watched the original 1941 version with Lon Chaney first.

What was the movie RZ did about the freaked out family who went around murdering people for shits and giggles? One of them was a really creepy clown. There was a sheriff chasing them. That was kind of fun in a weird way. Lousy move, but like a train wreck you couldn't stop looking at.

Mudpuppy
01-24-2010, 11:47 PM
House of 1,000 corpses i assume is what you are referring to..

RedneckMedic
01-25-2010, 12:35 AM
he did devils rejects too right... the final scene with freebird playing was epic in that movie

telecast
01-25-2010, 07:34 AM
That's the one, Devils Rejects. Weird.

Mudpuppy
01-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Haven't seen Halloween II or Devils' Rejects but I dig RZ's work.. and his music of course..

Rider
01-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I saw both of RZ Halloween movies. I liked the first one but the second one... well lets just say you can do without. I didn't like the storyline at all. All the killing were done with some serious brutality though. Especially the hospital scene. I heard a rumor a H3 is in the works but without RZ.

Mudpuppy
01-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Good to know I won't go out of my way to see H2.. Halloween the remake was pretty good.. I liked how they did the background, etc. I am not a big fan of the Halloween, Friday the 13th, etc. movies just because to me they are dumb..

RedneckMedic
01-25-2010, 07:31 PM
im looking forward to the new nightmare on elm street movies even though robert englund isnt freddy any more

Rider
01-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Anybody see the Saw series? Are they good? I haven't watched a single one but I DVR'd the original one last night.

Mudpuppy
01-26-2010, 02:55 PM
i really didn't care for saw i, ii or iii so i stopped watching after that?