PDA

View Full Version : What goes on inside or under your helmet?

Gas Man
01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
What do you think about?

Do you think?

Do you just admire your bike or the world around you?

Honestly... I think about everything in life. I pray. I jam to my music... I listen to the motor, look at the great country side I'm riding thru.

telecast
01-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Usually the last hottie that eyed me, since my helmet and leather hides my age....

Lots of stuff. Sometimes just keyed in on the feel of the road and trying to remember why I ever quit riding to begin with.

Bob
01-17-2010, 10:50 PM
I find myself talking to other people on the road like when I drive a car. Like:
"What are you doing jackass?!"
"Press the gas moron!"
"WTF!?!??!?!?!?"
"I wonder if Chris is wearing leather underwear?"

Gas Man
01-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Why are you thinking about my underwear?

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l311/cjclark69/Posting/U%20or%20thread%20sucks/ghey-o-meter.gif

Trainguy
01-18-2010, 07:09 AM
Well it sure as hell is not for the piece and quiet:cool: With 117ci of open exhaust in my right ear and 4" of open primary belt whine in my left it's a beautiful thing.

Seriously though, its the surrounds of where i am at the time. Might be lookin' at Devils Tower in the distance wondering how the hell or watching out for Buffalo & Burro's in Custer State Park or keepin' on the road while doin' the Dragon. It's all about the moment

Rider
01-18-2010, 10:26 AM
I concentrate on the road, looking at they curves and every little imperfection in the road. I also have songs running through my head. I don't use an Ipod while I ride. I am also constantly scanning intersections for cross traffic and avoid riding with a pack of cars. I think about possible blind spots and I avoid riding in them. I don't ever think about work, family, friends or anything like that. I concentrate 100% of my thinking on what I am doing at that moment. It's relaxing to not have to think about anything stressful. My 15 minute commute to and from work is the best stress reliever and time to decompress after a rough day at work. I can tell a huge difference in the days I ride than when I take the cage. By the time I get home form work on the bike I am 100% stress free.

Mudpuppy
01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
If I was you Chris I would pray too :)

I typically either listen to death metal or listen to the sweet sweet sound of the motor as I bang it off the rev limiter.. I try not to think about any distractions like stuff I have going on that doesn't involve riding right now.. when you start not focusing is when you get broadsided by that cell phone texting bitch..

Gas Man
01-18-2010, 08:03 PM
Yeah, mud, but if you were me you'd be better looking!

Mudpuppy
01-19-2010, 09:48 AM
This is true but I wouldn't be as smart.. doh!

Chris300s
01-19-2010, 01:51 PM
Beer, beer, beer, beer, brake, put feet down.... throttle, shift, beer, beer......

Mudpuppy
01-19-2010, 04:55 PM
I assume, for some reason, that you like beer? What kind of beer?

Gas Man
01-20-2010, 08:00 AM
Perfably if you are drinking while riding... you must do a burn out at every traffic light. It is rule. It has been written. You must comply.

Chris300s
01-20-2010, 04:27 PM
Microbrew, homebrew, High Life or PBR if I'm working around the house.
If I'm at home I'm making beer. If I'm on the bike I'm probably thinking of a bar to stop in at. Wait for the first girl to fall out of her chair and tell her that her hair looks nice...

Chris

Mudpuppy
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Awesome.. I am about to brew up some Honey Amber Ale.. should be tasty.. i love homebrew and microbrew.. you can keep the high life or PBR.. lately at the bar I have been drinking Sierra Nevada and Warsteiner..

Like 2 years ago I went on a homebrew binge.. Brewed hundreds of gallons and drank nothing but homebrew for like 8 months.. When I ran out of homebrew I grabbed a Molson, took one sip and was like wtf is this rancid shit?

telecast
01-20-2010, 08:39 PM
How the hell do you make the trip from a microbrew to High Life or PBR?

Mudpuppy
01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
It is quite a stretch.. like drinking patron one minute and dog piss the next..

Chris300s
01-21-2010, 02:39 PM
That's a crock of shit! Every professional and home brewer that I know (certifiable beer snobs) has a 6-pack of Miller Lite or PBR tucked in their fridge. Sometimes you don't feel like a fucking Imperial Stout.
Seriously though, particularly now that I keg my beer and have a couple of taps running, I think about it differently. A couple of 12% alcohol Belgians put you on your ass no matter what. If I'm cutting the lawn, dicking around at the lake or workin with tools it's a Corona or High Life for me. Long live the American Lager!

Chris

Mudpuppy
01-21-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't go any lower than Busch (and only becuz it was free)..

Chris300s
01-21-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't go any lower than Busch (and only becuz it was free)..
(While) I disapprove of what you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it.
As my dad is fond of saying, "beer is like sex, the worst I've ever had was still pretty damn good". I'll drink a Busch, Coors or (god forbid) Bud if it's offered.
Anyways, that's what's under my helmet. and boobs, boobs, boobs, brake, feet down...

telecast
01-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Some things I just can't do. PBR is one of them. For around the house brew it's usually Blue or MGD.

BTW, I'm with ya on the Bud....