PDA

View Full Version : Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time...

telecast
01-12-2010, 10:01 AM
250 miles? Seriously? Why in the hell did he buy it?

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcy/1547937963.html

Mudpuppy
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM
i am sure the story goes like this:

husband: i was thinking about getting a bike
wife: over my dead body now hold my purse while i go shopping for shit i don't need
husband: yes dear

a couple days later out drinking with the boys and several beers later he decides to "make a stand"..

goes to the dealer and buys the bike without her consent - "i'll show her"

now several months later after leaving divorce court penningless and blue balled he needs to pay his lawyer..

RedneckMedic
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
my buddy has an 07 kawi vulcan in his garage and his brothers 650 vstar that they bought at the same time and they only have 200 miles on them. they both just said they didnt enjoy riding as much as they thought they would.

Mad Dog
01-12-2010, 07:33 PM
How would you know in only 200 miles?

RedneckMedic
01-12-2010, 11:50 PM
thats what i told him. i told him the more you do it the more comfortable you'll get and it makes it more enjoyable

Gas Man
01-12-2010, 11:57 PM
And it was bought from Bright Motorsports in Lincoln Park.

RedneckMedic
01-12-2010, 11:59 PM
:Dwow gas your a genius:D

and hes paying out his ass in interest because of it

Gas Man
01-13-2010, 12:12 AM
:Dwow gas your a genius:D

and hes paying out his ass in interest because of it
Do you see how I know?

RedneckMedic
01-13-2010, 12:21 AM
nope lol

Gas Man
01-13-2010, 01:04 AM
key chain in ignition. The key fob is a bright fab.

Trainguy
01-13-2010, 05:34 AM
Do you see how I know?

Some call him Gas Man. Some call him Rain Man. Others just call:cool:

Thruxtonbill
01-13-2010, 07:21 AM
This is something I have never understood. Same reason I never tell someone "you should get a bike" you either want to ride or you don't. Matter of fact when I'm out and about and the guy at the gas station says " Hey man your bike is cool,I'm thinking about getting one" I say don't do it buddy, these things are dangerous.
I think what happens is these guys pull the trigger, buy a bike they think is cool and once they get in traffic, they're scared shitless.
Lets face it it's not for everyone, most of us have the passion deep inside, we NEED to ride, we dream about it crave it. as for me, there is nothing that relaxes me more then a early Sunday morning ride with no place to go.

telecast
01-13-2010, 08:13 AM
Some call him Gas Man. Some call him Rain Man. Others just call:cool:

And some call it coincidence. Unless I'm missing something, Gas is talking about the bike in the ad, Rugby is talking about his buddy's bike. It just happens they were purchased at the same place.

Mudpuppy
01-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Isn't it time to go to Kmart there Rain(gas)man?

Gas Man
01-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Kfart... shit no... we've upgraded!

Mudpuppy
01-14-2010, 10:55 AM
This is something I have never understood. Same reason I never tell someone "you should get a bike" you either want to ride or you don't. Matter of fact when I'm out and about and the guy at the gas station says " Hey man your bike is cool,I'm thinking about getting one" I say don't do it buddy, these things are dangerous.
I think what happens is these guys pull the trigger, buy a bike they think is cool and once they get in traffic, they're scared shitless.
Lets face it it's not for everyone, most of us have the passion deep inside, we NEED to ride, we dream about it crave it. as for me, there is nothing that relaxes me more then a early Sunday morning ride with no place to go.

Amen.. Well said..

and Gasman - RAIN MAN WOULD NEVER UPGRADE - rent the movie then come talk to me - otherwise Tom Cruise and the scientologists are going to force feed you the kool aid and sodium panthenol long before the mother ship gets here..

RoadZombie
01-31-2010, 06:24 PM

Amen brother. Best thing I've heard all day. I have a guy I work with who has plenty of experience on dirtbikes, but has never been on a streetbike. He's dead set on buying a brand new Harley. Myself and another biker at work keep telling him to just get ahold of an old Honda CB or something similar to get the feel of things...not to mention avoid the heartbreak of dropping a brand new bike as it WILL happen. Doesn't want to listen though. *shrug* I'll let everyone know when he puts up his 200 mile wrecked Harley up on Craigslist.

Speaking of the "craving"...is it springtime yet?!?!?! I'm really missing my iron psychologist. ;-)

Mudpuppy
01-31-2010, 10:57 PM
i am done arguing with people or trying to convince them something they don't want to listen to.. fuck it.. its a waste of time and they never listen.. people are inherently stupid..

RoadZombie
02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
i am done arguing with people or trying to convince them something they don't want to listen to.. fuck it.. its a waste of time and they never listen.. people are inherently stupid..

LoL Agreed 110%