PDA

View Full Version : One of the benefits

09-12-2008, 02:01 AM
One of the unspoken benefits of riding; one you never hear mentioned is the smells.

Everytime I ride I'm surprised, and enjoy how much more I can smell than when riding in the car. Bonfires, resturants, BBQ's, flowers, mowed grass, diesel fuel, and probably some I'm forgetting. I actually miss that stuff when I drive a car.

Of course there is a flip side; roadkill, skunks, riding within a mile of the rear of a garbage truck...* ;D

One of the other things I really enjoy about riding is all the interaction with the machine. Using mostly the whole body to operate it, and I can't help but think how bored I would be riding a scooter, (or automatic motorcycle) because just a twist and go wouldn't be enough for me.

And no matter how bad I feel, I always feel better after a ride. Always. I'm much more tolerable to be around after a ride or recent ride than when a few days pass without. Just ask my wife-she will agree.* ;D

detdrbuzzard
09-12-2008, 06:48 AM
it depends* on which helmet i wear. if i wear the half helmet i find my sence of smell over whelmed and actually don't smell much but if i wear the full face helmet the flow of air is better controlled and i smell more of whats around me

Berto
09-17-2008, 08:26 AM
I agree Doug... also your senses are just heightened... you can hear and feel things around you along with smelling them.* Makes you feel alive.* I know, that was a little ghey, but it's true.* Makes you feel like you are not a couch potato when you are out on the road.