PDA

View Full Version : Must see "Biker" movies?

Gas Man
01-08-2010, 06:22 AM
Ok... its very wierd if you didn't live in the era... but Easy Rider.

The Worldest Fastest Indian is a GREAT GREAT GREAT movie, regardless of biker connection. I can not express how good this movie is.

Not sure if you consider it a movie but "Long way around" & "Long way Down" videos are inspirational and really makes you want to take a LONG road trip on your bike.

What do you guys think about my suggestions?

Got any more?

telecast
01-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Easy Rider is more of a essay on the times than a biker movie. World's Fastest Indian is a great movie. Wild Hogs if you're into comedy, although it's too predictable. Hells Angels on Wheels was interesting from a documentary standpoint.

The Wild One is the quintessential biker movie, and is based on a real person and 'gang'. The most interesting thing about this movie is that while you're watching it, you think: "Yeah, cliche biker gang." But what you need to realize is that this movie is what caused the cliche to begin with. Instead of using pre-conceived notions, it created those notions for the general public. Later, gangs like Hells Angels, the Warlocks, and the Mongols merely took it to the next level and confirmed what people had seen in the movie.

Do not, under any circumstances, watch Hell Ride. What a mess.

Thruxtonbill
01-08-2010, 08:22 AM
I watched biker boyz once, thats 2 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Bob
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
Easy Rider was the worst movie I ever saw. And I think it was more about dope heads and hippies than bikes. LOL

World's Fastest Indian is one of my favorite movies.

I love Wild Hogs. I liked Macy's character.

I justed watched Harley Davidson and the Marlbro Man last weekend. Another crappy flick.

Tony Scott's supposed to be doing a movie on the life of Sonny Barger soon. That will probably be good.

I've seen Biker Boyz and Torque and hated them both.

I honestly can't think of many more.

Mudpuppy
01-08-2010, 12:19 PM
biker boyz sucked and kid rock actually said he didn't know what a sportbike was before filming the movie..

torque sucks too..

I saw 2 must see movies are:

Faster
The Doctor, The Tornado and the Kentucky Kid

alhall88
01-08-2010, 03:52 PM
If you guys are into old B type 70's biker movies then you have to see The Northville Cemetary Massacre. You michigan guys would recognize the territory. It was filmed in Northville,Plymouth and other local areas. The biker gang is the actual Detroit Scorpions that changed there name for the movie.

telecast
01-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Get outta here! I've never heard of that before. I wonder what the odds are of finding it?

telecast
01-08-2010, 04:01 PM
Holy crap, one search and I found the remastered DVD!

http://www.northvillecemeterymassacre.com/

I think we ought to get together somewhere with beer and pizza and watch it!

jerrygsx
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
I would think with all the Harleys here that the all time favorite would be "Wild Hogs". When Travolta blew up the bar and at the end of the credits when they had the out-takes were hilarious!!

RedneckMedic
01-08-2010, 09:24 PM
worlds fastest indian was awesome...he had one fast motorsyckle.
i think i watch wild hogs about once a week on fx (that and ghost rider)

and sorry but i thought Hell Ride was awesome but then again it was 3 am and we were a little sloshed.

Mudpuppy
01-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Sounds interesting.. I got 5 of my 6 tattoos from one of the Detroit Scorpions..

Bob
01-08-2010, 09:35 PM
worlds fastest indian was awesome...he had one fast motorsyckle.
i think i watch wild hogs about once a week on fx (that and ghost rider)

and sorry but i thought Hell Ride was awesome but then again it was 3 am and we were a little sloshed.

Dude I was watching it weekly on Starz. LOL I know it by heart. I let my buddy borrow my DVD of it and have yet to get it back and that was like 6 months ago!

I just read that they were getting ready to start filming part 2 and got Travolta back for a sequel, which he never does, and Disney stopped it because the directors last movie bombed. Old Dogs or whatever it was.

I forgot about Hell Ride. I don't remember it much but remember being disappointed when I saw it.

RedneckMedic
01-08-2010, 09:52 PM
old dogs was hilarious if you havent seen it yet...do...if you get the chance and everyone i talked to agrees with me. the movie tanked because movies other "bigger" movies released at the same time such as avatar.

Fishman
01-10-2010, 12:57 PM
"Roadside Prophets" isn't too bad..about two guys who set out to the California desert to spread the ashes of some guy they carry around in an old bike gas tank..one rides a old Harley the other an old Triumph..it runs on cable all the time..just watched it again yesterday..

Mudpuppy
01-11-2010, 10:04 AM
what channel on cable?