PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

telecast
01-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Just went and saw it in 3-D Imax. Absolutely the most amazing thing I've ever seen on a screen. Not the 'best movie' I've ever seen, but it was good and a lot of fun. The effects...holy crap. The 3-D wasn't a few bullshit effects here and there either, the whole movie is 3-D, start to finish, and good 3-D.

Bonus: The theater's 3-D gear was fucked up and they thought they had it repaired but weren't sure. They were using the 6:30 show to test it out, they said we might see it in 3-D, might see it in standard Imax. We took a chance and got lucky!

If I hadn't seen it in 3-D I probably would've thought it was fun but nothing great.

zamochit
01-04-2010, 11:26 PM
I went to watch it the this weekend, but tickets were sold out for the day. Hopefully can see it this next weekend.

RedneckMedic
01-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I saw it 3D at mjr and though it was amazing i want to see it again because i think i will only like it in 3D at theater after seeing it that way

telecast
01-05-2010, 07:44 AM
I saw it 3D at mjr and though it was amazing i want to see it again because i think i will only like it in 3D at theater after seeing it that way

Same way I feel, anything less wouldn't match up. I hope they release it on disc in 3D, it'd be insane on Blue Ray.

telecast
01-05-2010, 07:47 AM
I went to watch it the this weekend, but tickets were sold out for the day. Hopefully can see it this next weekend.

Might want to pick an early weeknight. Eventually it'll slow down, but even at 6:30 on a Monday after 3 weeks of screening the theater was still packed. Not sold out, but not a lot of room left either.

Mudpuppy
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM
interesting i will have to check this out..